Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is driveline loss for GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:54 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 631 Posts
Question What is driveline loss for GT3?

I have some dyno numbers, but have no idea what drivline loss should be for a rear engine, rear wheel drive car.

Thanks,
Old 02-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

What dyno numbers do you have?.......if your improving your setup just look at the average numbers that are being reported in North America....with similar rw dyno's...there is no way of telling what the flywheel numbers could be unless you remove the engine and test it....it's all guess work as far as the flywheel HP numbers go...Don't forget there is corrected rwhp numbers as well (as uncorrected)........which should be consistent with other test if done properly....depends on the setup of the dyno for current conditions...such as temperature at test time.. i think 10 degrees of temperature changes = 1% HP......as far as I know numbers can be manipulated a little.
I am a little hesitant in doing a HP package with out some kind of before and after rwhp testing...or guaranty of rwhp improvement..but then again someone has to go first.

The Euro test are a little confusing...they start with a number which Porsche claims 380 HP and then add there improvement of 30 or so HP and here we see a conversion of rwhp test's which puts us wright up there with there claims of 400 HP+....they also dismiss our rear wheel dynos...but our dynos do a good job of before and after testing.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:01 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Z06 brought up excellent points.

Chassis Dynamometers are useful but not for determining the engine power at the flywheel. The power consumed between the flywheel and the dyno roller is very hard to quantify.

Quick Reply: What is driveline loss for GT3?