Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holger, do some sound clips i can't get enough of them
Old 02-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't know how to record sound clips or where to host them, so that's not happening any time soon unfortunately.

Speaking of sound, I took Mike out for a ride yesterday and commented that I thought it was strange that no car alarms were going off. Turns out, it's so loud with the sound echoing off the buildings on the city blocks that you don't notice the alarms chirping at you (until he pointed it out). My hearing isn't that great to begin with and this certainly isn't going to help. It's unreal when you drive thru a tunnel, under an overpass or next to a wall. I think I need to have someone else drive by this weekend while I stand on the sidewalk to get the full effect...at least then I'll know how much I'm pissing the neighbors off.

Also, Mike has a sound meter...but he can't find it (only the empty box). When it surfaces we'll get some db readings to put things in perspective.

It sounds the best when the engine is cold, really raspy & mean. I moved it out of the garage and left it idling on the sidewalk to get my other car out the other morning. During those 30 seconds a gardner working a block away walked all the way down the street to check it out, he could hear it idling down the block.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Tips,..or OEM big ovals?...