Sponsored by:

GT3RS clutch and flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Greg,

I also thank you for sending us to Brian Copans... very happy with his work.
He only does the Club stuff on the side...he is very busy with Porsche Motorsports trannies.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
Greg,

I also thank you for sending us to Brian Copans... very happy with his work.
He only does the Club stuff on the side...he is very busy with Porsche Motorsports trannies.
Glad to hear that. Brian used to help me do all the work and set up on my car but is just way to busy to deal with "small" stuff like alignments and maintenance, even though he is well qualified to do so. I think he was one of the first factory trained mechanics in Cincinnati when he worked at a dealership and then was a head mechanic for Rohr racing and then with Larry Schumacher. I have given his name to several, but with the warning that their work is not going to be a priority, but if you are patient it is well worth the wait. I don't think I have meet a mechanic that is as honest, compentent or as grumpy as Brian.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:50 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Greg:

Thanks a lot for referring me Brian Copans. You sent me a PM last year, and after some personal research, I found out just great things about Pam and him. He's just a great guy to deal with, and he knows his stuff better than anyone.

He was affraid that the 04 Cup car LSD was too strong and noisy for street applications. I told him I didn't mine about rain/street/noises. Fortunately the car drives so much better on the rain now, and street weird behavior is not noticeable at all.

George:

Thanks for the feedback on your custom gears. I went with the reduced R&P because it fits better my hybrid auto-x/track needs.

Quick Reply: GT3RS clutch and flywheel