Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 front spoiler loose - how to replace plastic pins?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
BrianPA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 front spoiler loose - how to replace plastic pins?

I pulled my front spoiler loose (doh). 5 or 6 of the plastic pins in the middle (the two or three by either end are still fully attached) are still attached to the spoiler itself but not pushed up into the bumper. They don't appear to be damaged but I can't for the life of me force them back in. Is there some kind of trick? One of the pins is missing but the rest still seem to be there and seem to be ok.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:13 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

You need to pull the center pin out most of the way from the base first. Then push the base up through the spoiler into the bumper. Now push the center pin in. I would order a few extra of these pop rivets (part# 999 507 427 40). It probably with not be the last time this happens.... I see it all the time with local GT3 folks.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 631 Posts

I did not rip my front spoiler off yet (Jinx), but the center seems to be more "loose" then the outter edges of the spoiler. My dealer gave me a handfull of extra pins for the asking, just have not had to use them yet.

I am still not sure why (even though I have all the pushpins in place) the center is loose?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default spoiler

Evan,
Come over and I'll fix your "loose" spoiler with a few pop rivits. They work great, unless, of course, you run into the curb by the snack bar at BW.
JP
Old 01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
yongster
Racer

Use some WIDER 3M attachment tape along with the push pins (once you hit something with the spoiler, the OEM attachment tape will no longer keep the spoiler from coming loose).
Old 01-09-2005, 05:47 PM
GreigM
Advanced

I have recently replaced the lower lip spoiler on my Mk1, I have details and pics here:
http://www.porschaforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3055

I used push-in rivets instead of the standard fixings - if you are using these then it is easier to separate the male/female parts, put push the female part into the hole and then push (or hammer) in the male part once the female is in place.

Quick Reply: GT3 front spoiler loose - how to replace plastic pins?