Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car did a 1:28 yesterday at Willow Springs. Unfortunately....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Laura
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kim, food vs good ! sorry. Though it is known Cort has a taste for cookies.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:26 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,168 Likes on 621 Posts

Richard , when I drove the shark I had to pull over to take my right shoe off so i could step on the gas with out hitting the brake. So wear your dancing shoes. carl
Old 12-29-2004, 02:06 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

4 Kurves thanks for the information.

Chris I will call you tommorrow.

JCM
Old 12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
offroadr35
Instructor

Kevin,

I told you he is unbelievable. it's really an experience being in the car with him. He turned a 1:31 in my car when he was testing it without the rear diffuser to see if it was ok.

My car made it home fine and is really much better than i initially thought. It needs a little work on the front and to replace the piece that Zirk dragged for 400 ft and that should be it. Not a big deal...

Great day, see you guys soon.

-Steve
Old 12-29-2004, 01:02 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

Originally Posted by offroadr35
Kevin,

I told you he is unbelievable. it's really an experience being in the car with him. He turned a 1:31 in my car when he was testing it without the rear diffuser to see if it was ok.

My car made it home fine and is really much better than i initially thought. It needs a little work on the front and to replace the piece that Zirk dragged for 400 ft and that should be it. Not a big deal...

Great day, see you guys soon.

-Steve
Hey Steve - what was that piece that bent down when Zirk had his..... moment? Just a flat metal undertray? Seems amazing that it caught and bent down like that.

So - no real damage that paint and some new plastic bits can't fix? Going to get one of those carbon fiber diffusers?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
offroadr35
Instructor

Originally Posted by 4 Kurves
Hey Steve - what was that piece that bent down when Zirk had his..... moment? Just a flat metal undertray? Seems amazing that it caught and bent down like that.

So - no real damage that paint and some new plastic bits can't fix? Going to get one of those carbon fiber diffusers?
yeah. three flat metal pieces cover the entire underbody. I had the rear diffuser off from the last mishap so Zirk bent the second piece in. It shouldn't be a big deal to get another one.

I haven't decided what to do with the other stuff yet: fix or replace. if i fix i will probably go with a carbon front splitter to cover some of the damage and match that with the carbon rear diffuser.

It's really a tough little car. I came down quite hard so I'm very happy the damage is as minor as it is. I was definitely going to break 1:40 on that lap too

In other news, I had Lasik surgery yesterday. I just went in for my checkup and i'm already at better than perfect vision...20-15. It's really amazing. Now I'm looking for a track car for Zirk. We're leaning towards an Evo MR.

-Steve
Old 12-29-2004, 02:16 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Hey Steve, what ever happened with the GT2 & P of BH?

Also where'd you get the lasik done?
Old 12-29-2004, 02:32 PM
offroadr35
Instructor

Originally Posted by macfly
Hey Steve, what ever happened with the GT2 & P of BH?

Also where'd you get the lasik done?
the matter will be resolved as of today at noon. I haven't read the settlement agreement in full yet so i'm not sure if i can post details. I'd be happy to tell you next time i see you. Bottom line is we no longer have the car.

I got the Lasik done by Dr. Maloney on Wilshire (www.maloneyvision.com). He's apparently the best in the area and one of the very best in the world. From my experience i would have to agree. It's the best money i've ever spent without a doubt.

-Steve

Quick Reply: My car did a 1:28 yesterday at Willow Springs. Unfortunately....