Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some wear experience on MPSC's. Curious of other's experiences.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great meeting you at Spring Mountain -- hope to see you again soon.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Chris,

Using the alternate hole as you suggest has the reverse effect. It appears that the alternate hole is useful but only in cases of extreme negative camber. Racerron (a GT3 owner himself) runs the best alignment shop in town. The experiment began when I asked him to set up my wife's car the right way, i.e. using the shims. They increased the caster and tires rubbed. He looked at the alternate hole and it made matters worse. After evaluating the various choices, I still suggest elongating the upper mount holes. While not ideal, it works and avoids some of the other complications. Since we are dealing with only about 1 degree more negative camber than stock, the track/geometry changes are not significant.

Rgds,
Old 12-20-2004, 04:08 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasgolf98
If you are in Las Vegas (for Spring Mountain or LVMS) I recommend Kent Moore at Premier Sportscar Service. He was the crew chief for Peterson Motorsports/White Lighting (won Le Mans 2003 and 2004). He is a magician, nice guy and is very, very reasonable price-wise. (702) 649-8267
Tell him Philip recommending you and he will add 20% to the quote -Just kidding.

If you want or care what the motorsports boys are doing to solve track problems he is a great resource.

My GT3 is over there now getting tweaked after a little 4 wheel off-road action at the Track last weekend. My car is much better than the driver unfortunately.
Hey Phillip, how are you? I was the guy with the white GT-3 last weekend at Spring Mountain. I remember you mentioning Kent - wish I had a guy like that in my town!

Anyway - nice meeting you and I hope we see you again at some other events.

-Kevin
Old 12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
vegasgolf98
Racer

Kevin and Jack it was great meeting all of you as well. I sure hope we all will be running together some in 2005. It is great to meet a bunch of genuine, fun, die-hard enthusiasts and nice people to boot.

Kevin, of course I remember the white GT3, because I was always 5 seconds behind you and trying to catch up! You are a very fast driver, I hope everything is ok with your car as well. We were pushing hard, huh?
Old 12-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Premier Motorsp
Racer

Bob said---

Using the alternate hole as you suggest has the reverse effect. It appears that the alternate hole is useful but only in cases of extreme negative camber.

Ah, so the alternate hole gives even more caster? Can you swap the outer part of the control arms side to side to make the hole go the other way? I know I have made this work on cup cars....

What I do on the GTA cars is use a solid bushing in place of the rubber. The bushing is rotatable with an offset hole so I can set the caster wherever I want.

Chris Cervelli
Premier Motorsports.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:34 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

Kevin and Jack it was great meeting all of you as well. I sure hope we all will be running together some in 2005. It is great to meet a bunch of genuine, fun, die-hard enthusiasts and nice people to boot.

Kevin, of course I remember the white GT3, because I was always 5 seconds behind you and trying to catch up! You are a very fast driver, I hope everything is ok with your car as well. We were pushing hard, huh?
Thanks Phillip. Yeah, the car is fine. When I got home on Monday I put it up on jacks, replaced the air splitter (I had a spare) and inspected the underside and all the wheel components. No damage anywhere. I really didn't go off the track much on that spin - I think the splitter caught on the edge of the curbing and ripped the right side off.

How about your car - is it ok from your little bush killing adventure?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:14 AM
vegasgolf98
Racer

I need a new splitter and brake duct, otherwise ok. What's the best place to get those parts?
Old 12-21-2004, 12:39 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

I need a new splitter and brake duct, otherwise ok. What's the best place to get those parts?
I buy a fair amount of stuff from this guy in Oregon- good prices and good customer service:

Sunset

Quick Reply: Some wear experience on MPSC's. Curious of other's experiences.