Pagid RS19 vs RS29

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 11:24 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RayGT3
Ivan,
I've curently use BHP on my Audi and Mercedes. OK for street cars and cost effective. But don't think I would use them on the Porsche, different market all-together.
Ray you had mentioned using the RS19's front, and the RS29's rear, which is the opposite of what several members have posted. It made more sense to me and I wondered if you or anyone else has tried the pads in that configuration?
Old 02-26-2005, 11:31 AM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and got the yellow-black recommendation
What is the black? (Both my 19 & 29 are yellow.)

Also why do you guys who want more brake bias on the rear want it there?
It seems to me that better trail/braking > rotation would be favored by a slighty grippier front than a 'draggier' tail?
Old 02-26-2005, 01:25 PM
DCLee
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My RS+ project brakes: Pagid RS-29 (Yellow) enduro pads (F), Pagid RS-15 (Black) sprint pads (R).

Lee in D.C.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macfly
Also why do you guys who want more brake bias on the rear want it there?
It seems to me that better trail/braking > rotation would be favored by a slighty grippier front than a 'draggier' tail?
Andrew, I feel just the opposite is true. I want to maximize the braking effect on the car, and it does have a little more front bias, so gripper rear pads would correct this (although I don't like the black pads). Also, simply put, if the rear has more braking load, it will have less cornering grip available and that will aid rotation, not detract from it. But you don't want to over do it.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:43 PM
RayGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the problem stems from the fact that there is less heat generated in the rear brakes than the fronts. In some cases the rears weren't getting up to nominal operating temps. and were causing problems such as premature pad wear and rotor wear problems. The fix is to use a rear pad that will either operate optimally at a lower temperature such as rs4-2-1 compound pads or one that will generate more heat, possibly the 29's, allowing the operating temps to be reached this way. The trick is, to all this stuff, is to get everything operating at the optimal temperature at the same time. The temps don't have to be the same front to rear just have to match the pads being used.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:01 AM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

it will have less cornering grip available and that will aid rotation, not detract from it. But you don't want to over do it.
Sounds logical, and promotes an even looser tail end which may be above my skill level to hold on too just now, please report back on the 'science experiment' as it progresses.
When I got the 29 fronts the rears weren't yet available, and also they aren't even half used, so by the time I've eaten up these fronts I'll likely just go 29's all round next time.
I also intend to try the floating caliper set up, and the Jongbloed aero wheels as I find that at the track here in SoCal everything gets very, very hot indeed.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:58 AM
boqueron
Pro

I have been using for thr lsdt two track days RS29's Front and Rear. I must be an unsensitive driver....: I just can't feel any difference between the RS19's and the RS29's..
Old 05-22-2007, 03:23 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

I use Pagid Orange [mine is a street car with maybe 10 track days per year. note: lots of squeal!]

How many track days can I expect from these pads? Rough numbers appreciated.

also -- any thoughts on how many track days to be expected from MPSC??

Quick Reply: Pagid RS19 vs RS29