Sponsored by:

Car rentals in Germany...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 01:30 PM
KLZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Car rentals in Germany...

I'll heading to Dusseldolf Germany to see the Essen Motorshow. This is my first time to visit Germany, would like to know where could I rent some exoctics (ie: Porsche) TIA

Last edited by KLZ; 11-21-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Try www.europcar.de www.sixt.de and www.turtlerent.de
Old 11-21-2004, 05:47 PM
golfguy
Racer

try avis; it's about 200euro/day. you need 2 credit cards for damage deposit (if i remember correct) and it needs to be returned to the same airport.

http://www.avis.de/avisonline/de/avi...256D52002D5411
Old 11-21-2004, 05:49 PM
golfguy
Racer

Renting conditions of Porsche vehicles Minimum age and driving licence: Minimum age 30 years and driving licence of the class 3 for at least 3 years. Credit card regulations: For all Porsche vehicles the collecting main of one of the following credit cards is necessary: Advice credit card, American express gold, platinum or black Centurion Card, German Mastercard gold, German vi-AC pool of broadcasting corporations gold, Porsche Mastercard, one of advice recognized credit card and reservation via Lufthansa, CO-Co-Branded Lufthansa senator Card or an advice Full Credit Voucher and one of advice recognized credit card. Or: Two different credit cards issued on the names of the tenant and/or driver, however one of American express or Diners club must be. Insurance benefits: The prices mentioned are inclusive CDW/TP (adhesion reduction for all damage to the vehicle inclusive vehicle theft). Thus the self participation reduces with all Porsche vehicles per case of loss to 950, - euro. Conditions of entry: Please you note that you can enter with a Porsche vehicle only to Austria and into Switzerland. To all other countries an entry prohibition applies. Cancellation: They can cancel your Porsche reservation free of charge until at the latest 24 hours before the agreed upon beginning of renting. If you fetch the reserved vehicle and do not cancel the reservation not in accordance with the renting conditions, we reserve ourselves the right, for the developed logistics expenditure a supply fee at a value of 35, - euro of your credit card to deduct. Importantly: Their credit card is not loaded with the reservation. In all other respects the special renting conditions apply to Funcars and/or all further renting conditions. The offer applies only with availability locally.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats pretty strict. sounds like the policy of a company that has been burned before
Old 11-21-2004, 11:11 PM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

I used Avis and rented a 996 C2. No problems. Used Visa card since at the time they were the only ones that would cover the car completely if it was wrecked and written off.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:56 PM
KLZ
Racer

Talking

Thanks for help
Old 11-23-2004, 12:31 AM
gabbagabbahey
Advanced

Did Avis prohibit a run around the ring?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:36 AM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

At the time there was nothing in the contract about it. FWIW, the 'Ring is a public toll road. You may want to keep your destination to yourself when you're at the rental counter though.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:24 AM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ringmeister
At the time there was nothing in the contract about it. FWIW, the 'Ring is a public toll road. You may want to keep your destination to yourself when you're at the rental counter though.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:51 PM
kpeden
AutoX

ditto on Avis, they were great. I rent from them almost weekly here (States) and the experience was nearly the same. Outside of the accent , they wanted two credit cards or one gold card up front and their biggest concern was taking the car into other countries; Czech republic was a no-no and I think Italy was also on that short list.

Have a great time, stay to the right (except when passing of course) and you'll find that the autobahn experience in a Porsche is better than you believed.

Quick Reply: Car rentals in Germany...