Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end gets too light at speed on track

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 11:10 AM
geoffucla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How easy is it to change the swaybar settings? Do you need to lift the car or remove the wheels, or can you simply do it by reaching under the car?

Geoff.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:18 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This week I'm running full stiff front and rear. The car feels great. I won't use such setup for the track, because I noticed that early throttle application during a turn makes the rear end break loose so easy. I need to develop my sensitivity with this car.

When I setup the car for autocross (full soft front and rear), the car is really dangerous beyond 80mph. The feeling is the worse I experienced so far with this car, but it's the fastest setup for the autocross tight turns, and heavy throttle out of the turns.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:57 AM
mds
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geoff, raise the car so both wheels are fully drooped and the torque is released from the bar, then the bolts are easy to remove and reinstall. It also helps to have a thin open end wrench because the narrow working surfaces on the bolts. I use a SnapOn LTAM1719.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Geoff - MDS provides good advice. I'll add one more thing, use Blue Loctite (242) on the bolts when you re-install them. Sway bars come loose easily on these cars even if you tighten the bolts a lot. A drop or locktite secures them. If you have access to a lift changing the bar setting is a ten minute job. You cannot move the darn things if you jack only one side of the car.

Quick Reply: Front end gets too light at speed on track