996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoucing the arrival .....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004 | 04:00 PM
Moogle
Race Car

my mistake, by TC i meant tequipment, from the appearance, it seems that TC is an aftermarket company, or a custom job.

i'm new to the GT3 thing, i read in earliar posts that the tequipment one offered by porsche is held in by bolts, and is not accepted by any race sanctioning bodies, and that porsche also manufactueres a diffferent rollbar that is in their RS models.

is the rollbar offered in the GT3 clubsport pack (euro) (not the GT3 RS) the tequipment bar? or is it the bar from the GT3 RS?
Old 10-28-2004 | 04:03 PM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Moogle
my mistake, by TC i meant tequipment, from the appearance, it seems that TC is an aftermarket company, or a custom job.

i'm new to the GT3 thing, i read in earliar posts that the tequipment one offered by porsche is held in by bolts, and is not accepted by any race sanctioning bodies, and that porsche also manufactueres a diffferent rollbar that is in their RS models.

http://www.tcdesignfab.com/

Our local builder here in Norcal, Mooty, icerfloh and myself all uses his services for our cars.

Very very good craftsman, his build quality is awesome...

He even built addtional parts for some of the local GT3 guys who has the RS rollcage/bar....very cool....click on his porsche projectsa nd you will see

-f
Old 10-28-2004 | 04:04 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Fongster, did they do that one to your specs?
I have an idea for a bar that I'd like made up, and maybe your shop would do it?
How much did they charge you for that one, and what is that finish, is it foam covered or wrinkle coated?
Old 10-28-2004 | 04:08 PM
Fongster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by macfly
Fongster, did they do that one to your specs?
I have an idea for a bar that I'd like made up, and maybe your shop would do it?
How much did they charge you for that one, and what is that finish, is it foam covered or wrinkle coated?

Ask Mooty or call and speak to Tony directly..he is a good guy, can build you anything you want....

His prices are very reaonable..

If you look at the BMW section and find the M3 LTW, he did the Moton clubsports and some rear diff supports for my car. It will get a rollcage next.

I am sure he can do any form of finish

I was thinking of building a roll bar and powder coating it white and call it my
"polar bar"!

Old 10-29-2004 | 02:06 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

macfly,

the two roll bar pix fongster posted, the top one is my car. it's a replica of the clubs sport cage (the rear section only). my is powdercoated no rubber/foam wrap on it b/c it's only a roll bar not a cage. i also use 6pt schroth and GT3 race seats. if you have any other question, pm me or email tony at www.tcdesignfab.com. he will make whatever you want as long as he feels that it's indeed safe for its use. i can't remember how much i paid for me, but it's less than $2k part/labor/installed, including the powder coat finash. the rear legs of the bar are bolted to top of rear shock tower. the front legs of the bar is bolted to a PLATE which is welded to the tub. this is how the euro club sport cage is mounted as well. my car is at tony's right now. so if you email him, he should be able to send you whatever pix you need of it.

Quick Reply: Annoucing the arrival .....