Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't you think that we will be able to run PCCB for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004 | 08:39 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Don't you think that we will be able to run PCCB for cheap?

The 2005 Cup car specs will come with PCCB only.

It's well known that Motorsports parts are cheaper than Porsche street parts.

I'm considering upgrading to the 15" front / 14" rear ceramic brakes in the 2005 Cup car if the price is not crazy.
Old 10-05-2004 | 08:47 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
if the price is not crazy.
if they reduce the price 25%, everyone would be pleasantly surprised.

any more is wishful thinking.

but perhaps price will naturally go down as more and more cars recieve this PCCB as standard, and thus volume increases,

and by the theory of economies of scale, price .... should... go down.
Old 10-05-2004 | 09:44 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

It will be interesting to see if the PCCB Porsche is using for Cup cars next season will hold up. I wonder if they are the same as the ones on the street cars...unlikely, I would imagine....
Old 10-05-2004 | 10:15 PM
DCLee
Pro

Default "for cheap?"

For the record, this phrase does not apply in Porscheland, OK?

You can retrofit right now to Cup car rotors for yellow calipers, or go for a floating rotor conversion.

If the factory puts ceramics on the new Cups, they will work. They will also have a *lot* more ducting and cooling than the street cars crrently have. Call them generation II or IV, whatever, but they will work like a champ--and be discarded at frequent service intervals by the teams.

Lee in D.C.
Old 10-05-2004 | 10:18 PM
Moogle
Race Car

exactly. they will be sure to discard them at enough intervals so that there arent a huge amount of reported 'premature' failures.

that said, cooling - which is a major factor, is likely to have been improved, AND - there may even be a new generation developed, or not.

regardless i've heard nothing but praise for the supposedly 2nd generation PCCBs fitted on the launch 997 Carrera S's even some people who've taken their cars to the track.

That said, its good to see these things actually being raced, and if they actually fixed it, then good fro porsche, if they didn't i can't think of any better place to develop these things , on the racetrack, instead of using people with their road cars. - which was positively evil.

Quick Reply: Don't you think that we will be able to run PCCB for cheap?