Sponsored by:

GT3 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 11:40 PM
mrmckay
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 Questions

I picked up my SY 05 GT3 today and have a couple of questions. When making a "hard right" turn the driver's side wheel rubs against something? Is this normal? The brakes seem to squeel? I suspect this has to do w/ the type of pads used? ( I don't have PCCB. )

Regards,
Chris
Old 10-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from the front wheels, 'sounds' (pun intended ) like its the wheel brushings.

can be due to a bad alignment.

from the rear wheels, there may be some issues regarding the differntial at low speed.

anyways.

did you order this car? or was it off a dealer's lot.?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:01 AM
mrmckay
Intermediate

Moogle,
It's the front wheel. Hmmm...alignment is off? Could it be anything else?

BTW. I ordered the car back in July.

Regards,
Chris
Old 10-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Jim H.
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure how mechanical sounding the rub is but I had a rubbing noise on near full lock while backing up. I took off the wheel and found one of the brake air deflectors loose. I clipped it back in place and that solved the rub. Perhaps that will help.

The forum has been somewhat littered with posts about noises, some of which have to do with rubs at full lock. No big issues that I can recall. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Mine rubs at full lock too. Sounds like it's scraping the inner liner for the fenderwell. No big deal.

I've got 2k miles on my brakes and they still squeel sometimes. I don't have PCCB either. I thought it would bother me, but now I sort of like it (gives it that "race car" feel...).
Old 10-03-2004, 10:07 PM
gtdrei
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubbing under hard slow lock

When making a "hard right" turn the driver's side wheel rubs against something? Is this normal? The brakes seem to squeel?
I had this problem, at the first alignment, the tech showed me where the L side brake cooling duct was rubbing. We took them off, took some material off them , and the rub went away. I have a steep and weird driveway, so full lock is required every in and out. It's accompanied by lots of 'sproing' noises if I havent driven the car in a while, and the dramatic wheel lift (great if there are spectators !) Make sure you locktite your sway bars after alignment and setup. Mine loosened up twice before I applied blue.

Brake squealing is normal.

Robin
Old 10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

mrmckay. Where in MD are you located. I am in Potomac and have a SY GT3 that makes all of those noises too!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:10 PM
CKarras
Advanced

Originally Posted by Robin Samms
I have a steep and weird driveway, so full lock is required every in and out. It's accompanied by lots of 'sproing' noises if I havent driven the car in a while, and the dramatic wheel lift (great if there are spectators !)
That is an amazing photo of your wheel lift. I've never seen ANYTHING like that.

Quick Reply: GT3 Questions