Sponsored by:

Question about Rejex and wax...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 10:43 AM
BrianPA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Rejex and wax...

How many have you have used Rejex? Has anyone experienced problems with fogging or clouding of the paint in conjunction with Rejex?

I spoke with a guy by the name of Larry Reynolds at carcareonline.com (extremely knowledgable guy) and he said that they had tested the product extensively and chosen not to carry it due to fogging or clouding of the finish particularly on German automobiles. On the other hand I have seen nothing but rave reviews on web forums. What is everyones overall expirience?

On a side note I know my dealer is going to be doing a full detail prior to pickup which I assume includes a proper waxing. Before I apply my own wax (or rejex) should the current wax be taken off with something like p21s total auto wash? How long is it advisible to wait before doing this?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:07 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Dont know if rejex is better or worse than other waxes. I tried it on my car and am still watching it to determine how it works. BUT, every time you wax, you should strip the old material off before applying more wax. Remember; polishing the polish?
I use a clearcoar chemical compound ( no abrasives ) called Clean-Cut. Available at paint shops. (Several manufactures Klean - Kut, 3M, etc) This strips and polishes the surface as good as possible. Also can be used to remove swirl marks after buffing. After this treatment, the car can be waxed with whatever you like. Easier and better results using orbital buffer.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:13 AM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BrianPA

i've been selling RejeX, primiarly to porsche and bmw owners, for over a year. so far, i've never had a call about fogging or clouding. i've had a couple of calls about streaking. but, after speaking with the car owner, i found that the streaking was due to one or more of three basic things:
1) not applied evenly
2) not applied thin enough
3) not wiped off well enough
there's even been a rennlist member who covered this in his own product review thread. he and i worked the issue online, and a few days later he posted that he was extremely satisfied as all his concerns had been resolved.

i don't know the guys at carcareonline, but i do speak with other well-known car detailers who have a siginificant online presence. plus, i wholesale RejeX to lots of detail shops. if fogging or clouding was an issue, then we'd all hear about it from vocal car owners (there is no place safe if your product ruins the paint a $100K car).

hope this helps.

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
Old 09-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Brian, if you think the dealer is going to wax it and you want to use Rejex, either tell them not to wax it or drop off a bottle of Rejex and have them use that instead of what they normally use. If I were you, I'd do it myself.

I don't think my dealer waxed mine, so I put a coat of Rejex on after I had it about 2 weeks. Only washed it once since then (almost didn't need a sponge & soap as most of the dirt rinsed right off) and have been very happy with the results. The beading action of this stuff is amazing and it looks great. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Quick Reply: Question about Rejex and wax...