Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS Roll bar pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004 | 03:28 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Mr. RS,

Can you please, (if you have it) provide me with the part # of the bar that you have in your car? I kow that they come in either white or black, if you have PN# for black, that would be even better.

Thanks,
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:00 PM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Cos,

My car is at the dealers having its first service and a few items attended too. Once I get it back I will see if I can find a number for you but don't holdout much hope. I cant even get in the back of the car to wash the inside of the rear screen!!

As for black and white they are all black, it was an option to have it painted white. I went with the white one as it lightens up the interior and I just like the look.

Just had a though, I will ask the dealer for a part number and report back.

P.
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:02 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Thank you, thank you!!!
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:03 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr. RS
Not on the 30 RS's I have seen in the UK. Maybe it is differant in other locations but there is no lower bar, or provision for lower bar on my car or any of the other Titanic 6 cars.
You don't even have the pick-up point on the rear roll-bar for the lower cross beam? I think you do. Take a careful look at Supercup's photos above and you can just see the point where the cross beam attaches.

I think most people will leave this cross beam off because it is a hassle to live with. But I have seen them installed and personally if I had a GT3RS I would install it.

Stephen
Old 11-09-2004 | 04:10 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

OK,

I will try (again) to explain. This time via pictures, the first is my interior taken at delivery time of my car, unfortunately the flash output was too harsh.

Pic 2 is with the FIA apprived front section, no street RS is delivered with this, but as said earlier this can be ordered via Porsche Motorsport.
Old 11-09-2004 | 04:13 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Originally Posted by FixedWing
You don't even have the pick-up point on the rear roll-bar for the lower cross beam? I think you do.
Stephen

Stephen,

there is no pick-up point in the front section, but there is in the rear section.

Last edited by RS Patrik; 11-09-2004 at 05:07 AM.
Old 11-09-2004 | 04:34 AM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

Whats all the navigation screen and other luxury gizmo stuff in the center console?
Very un-RS!
Old 11-09-2004 | 04:36 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

Sorry for being unclear, that is of course not a RS, it is a Turbo.

BTW, you should have noticed the leather seat, which a proper car like the RS does not have.

Last edited by RS Patrik; 11-09-2004 at 05:07 AM.
Old 11-09-2004 | 09:31 AM
Mr. RS
Instructor

Originally Posted by FixedWing
You don't even have the pick-up point on the rear roll-bar for the lower cross beam? I think you do. Take a careful look at Supercup's photos above and you can just see the point where the cross beam attaches.

I think most people will leave this cross beam off because it is a hassle to live with. But I have seen them installed and personally if I had a GT3RS I would install it.

Stephen
Stephen,

I stand corrected, there is a tab on each side lower down but there is no corrosponding pick up point on the front part of the cage.

To be honest I had wondered what this tab was for. One of my pals uses it as the anchor point for his three point belt so that it can be tucked completely away when he is using the 6 point harness.

Have a call into the dealer as to if a lower bar is available, does it require a new front part of the cage or can it be used with the original cage and how much it costs.

Watch this space.

P.
Old 11-09-2004 | 12:46 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Mr. RS, is the tab you are talking about show in my pictures which began this thread?

I think it is shown in my last photo, the one of the drivers seat and "B" pillar. There is a tab of metal welded to main hoop of the roll cage that is directly below where the seat belt goes fron the drivers shoulder to it's mount on the "B" pillar. If, in one's mind, one drops a plumb line from the bisection point of the seat belt material spanning from the top of the seat to the "B" pillar straight down, you will note the tab.

Is this the unused tab?
Old 11-09-2004 | 02:55 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Mr. RS,

Do you have that PN# for me please
Old 11-09-2004 | 08:13 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RS Patrik
Pic 2 is with the FIA apprived front section, no street RS is delivered with this, but as said earlier this can be ordered via Porsche Motorsport.
Thank you Patrick. That certainly makes things clear.

That upper bar is very different to any I have seen before.

So the upper bar as pictured in your first photo together with a single cross bar would not be FIA approved?

I would be scared to run the FIA approved unit in a street car without a helmet. It certainly does look strong though!

Stephen

Last edited by FixedWing; 11-09-2004 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2004 | 08:20 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cupcar
Mr. RS, is the tab you are talking about show in my pictures which began this thread?

I think it is shown in my last photo, the one of the drivers seat and "B" pillar. There is a tab of metal welded to main hoop of the roll cage that is directly below where the seat belt goes fron the drivers shoulder to it's mount on the "B" pillar. If, in one's mind, one drops a plumb line from the bisection point of the seat belt material spanning from the top of the seat to the "B" pillar straight down, you will note the tab.

Is this the unused tab?
Yes, yes & yes.

The tab is just above the location point of the bottom triangulation cross bar.

Stephen
Old 11-09-2004 | 08:23 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr. RS
Have a call into the dealer as to if a lower bar is available, does it require a new front part of the cage or can it be used with the original cage and how much it costs.
From Patrick's last photo, it looks simply a matter of drilling one hole in the front down piece to mount the front of the lower cross beam.

Stephen
Old 11-10-2004 | 04:07 AM
RS Patrik
Racer

The tab in question is as said on the last pic from Cupcar.

I have too thought about to drill a hole through the front section ( my pic 1) but, what worries me is what would happen to the waranty then?

Also, the FIA approved (my pic 2) is drilled, hmm I have learnt thís would make the front section less rigid...

Anyway, although I only drive my RS on track (99.5% of time), I still vote againt the FIA front section.

My 2 cents...

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Roll bar pictures