AP "J"-hook rotors for GT-3

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 12:53 AM
guykoken
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, here are my next questions:
Rear Rotors.
You said that you will modify the rotor so that it will fit the stock hat. Will that modification be an attachment to the rotor which my mechanic can subsequently detach from it and attach to a fresh, unmodified rotor of the same model when it's time to replace the rotors, or will you also have to modify the replacement rotors? This is no small question at a cost of@$1,700 for the first pair of modified rotors, bearing in mind that two replacement stock rear calipers will cost about the same price ( a one time cost) and that factory rear iron rotors for the GT3 cost about $400 per pair.
If this will be a one-time cost because you will be fabricating a removable attachment, how much will a second set of rotors cost?
Front Rotors.
Why can't you do the same thing for the fronts as you do for the rears, so one can avoid "Floating" front rotors, which is what, I understand, that you are presently proposing for the fronts and what you have already done but which, I understand, require a hat which is custom fabricated by you?

Richard A. Bain
Old 09-04-2004, 03:54 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Richard:

We are doing the engineering on the rears and the final details are not yet finalized. It will be compatible.

The fronts will be full floaters as we will use these on race cars and thats THE best way to go for competition braking systems.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:58 PM
guykoken
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve:
Thanks for your reply. I trust that when you've worked out the details for the rears, you'll post at this thread the answers to my as yet unanswered questions.
As far as the fronts are concerned, do you fabricate and supply custom-built hats which attach to unmodified rotors which you source from the manufacturer and also supply? If so, how much would a second set of those front rotors cost and could they be sourced from dealers other than you?
Richard Bain.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is a link to floating vs. fixed rotors

http://stoptech.com/faq/data/faq18.html

Quick Reply: AP "J"-hook rotors for GT-3