Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clubsport Available in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004 | 09:04 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Default Clubsport Available in the US?

I was increasing productivity during the final hours of my shift today perusing the porsche USA when i came across the GT3 and GT2 sites which both mentioned the clubsport versions of both cars as being readily available in the U.S.
http://content3.us.porsche.com/prod/...ighlightsintro

Am i behind or something? I was under the impression that this was unavailable to americans along with the RS?!~ Anyone know anything about this? Cost, etc? I know what the Clubsport version as well as the RS entail, but wasn't aware about us availability and pricing.
Personally i think we yanks should join the EU and start seeing more RS's and CSL's on the road
Old 08-28-2004 | 09:08 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

I want to know why you still can't build your own GT3? Its been over a year now!!
Old 08-28-2004 | 09:16 PM
gtdrei
Pro

Hmm, I'm pretty certain that the Clubsport is not available here. It's not mentioned in the GT3 option book. The parts are all readily available and in stock.

Robin
Old 08-28-2004 | 09:55 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Yeah, good point cos. But the clubsport version was very recently posted on the site. And I can't see why they'de publish information on a model that cannot be obtained. Especially a more hardcore variant of a GT3 who's demographic are the most demanding of drivers. How old is your option book? Has anyone recently been in contact with a dealer who would be aware of this?
Old 08-30-2004 | 04:50 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

I saw the same thing last week. I emailed my dealer this morning and his response was, "The "clubsport" version on the GT3 is not available for the North American market".

It's still showing as an option on the website though. Anyone else hear anything different?
Old 08-30-2004 | 07:12 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

How strange. Did you ask him why the website has it up there? Is it possibly available not as a clubsport package, but perhaps as individual options? Seats as one, rollbar as another, etc.?
Old 08-30-2004 | 07:12 PM
sjsharks
Racer

Porsche engineering skills are 10 years ahead of the competition and their computer skills are 10 years behind the competition.
Old 08-30-2004 | 08:48 PM
gtdrei
Pro

All the pictures of the GT3 on the site show the car with the 'not available in USA' GT3 seat.
Old 08-30-2004 | 09:07 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

It's definitely a change from the past though. I don't ever recall seeing the "clubsport" as an option for the USA cars. Who knows, maybe it'll be an option for the '05 cars??? Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part
Old 08-30-2004 | 10:21 PM
gtdrei
Pro

This is an interesting development for those who Autocross GT3's, if the Clubsport Package is available. The GT3 was originally placed in ASP, but is being moved back to SS (SuperStock) for the '05 season. I was told that my car would have to stay in ASP, because the GT3 seats were not a US option. If that seat were to be a configurable option, available in the US....Moving down a class is always good.

Robin
Old 08-30-2004 | 10:57 PM
macfly
Three Wheelin'

I think you'll find it is a simple error. If you look at the UK & other EU sites etc it is obvious they are all built by the same web design house, and very likely maintained by them to the order of each countries spec. It is my guess this is just something that slipped thru the fact checkers, as I don't think PNA would bother getting the nessescary DOT approvals for this if they didn't for the RS.

Quick Reply: Clubsport Available in the US?