Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All PCCB Victims

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:01 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,167 Likes on 621 Posts

Why not send some info to the mags ie Autoweek ect. When the Bmw forum did that Bmw did a recall and extended the warrenaty on ther engines to 6yr 100k mi. Before that they said there was no problem !!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Carl,
I can answer this one quite easily being a struggling magazine writer. They are not interested, it is as simple as that. Cars like GT-3s, GT-2s etc are called "Rich boys toys".
Porsche are also very generous in their "Media department" most magazines are very unlikely to incur the wrath of Porsche. No more "Exclusives".
This may sound a little cynical but if you had seen some of the responses I have had from auto magazines regarding "Porsche content" you would understand.
If you go to the Cayenne forum and read the letter a Cayenne owner received from the PCNA regarding his vibration problem you will understand that they have no fear of the press.
Porsche have no fear of the Porsche owners either as you may have already worked out.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2
Old 09-03-2004, 04:31 AM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian
If you go to the Cayenne forum and read the letter a Cayenne owner received from the PCNA regarding his vibration problem you will understand that they have no fear of the press.
Porsche have no fear of the Porsche owners either as you may have already worked out.
All very true though I should also point out that I had a rare success in getting something published which was critical of Porsche. It also happened to relate to the PCCB issue. So nothing is impossible.

Stephen
Old 09-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Stephen,
Well done on getting something published which was critical of Porsche on the PCCB by the way. That is a kool achievement.
I am pretty sure the 968 boys are still fighting the pinion gear issue. It took years for the 993 boys to get their engine harness dealt with. The Cayenne boys have their vibration issue and the GT-2/GT-3 boys have the PCCB issue. There are more but also another story.
In defence of Porsche AG I know that a huge amount of time has been spent on the PCCB issue but because there is no cheap answer there is no answer, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge wink wink say no more
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
GT-2
Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Racerron
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the members of our local PCA Region (Rennsport) with a SY GT3 has been given the option of Porsche buying back his PCCB's for the cost of the option, and to replace with steels.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:16 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

That is what should have been done with every PCCB customer from the begginning.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:54 AM
guykoken
Instructor

Racerron:
I know of only one offer by Porsche which was close to that. He bought a yellow GT3 clubsport with the PCCB option.They offered to buy back the ceramic discs for the cost of the option plus GST and Provincial sales tax. That would leave him without reimbursement for for his cost of the steels, which he has installed. He says that their offer was simply to refund him the cost of the option and that subsequently they imposed the condition that to receive the refund, he'd have to hand over the discs. They say he misunderstood the initial offer. When I last checked with him, he hadn't decided what to do. Is the chap you're talking about the same customer? If not, I'd like to talk to him.
Richard A. Bain
Old 09-07-2004, 10:00 AM
guykoken
Instructor

Racerron:
On rereading your post, I realize yours can't be the same guy since his GT3 is silver. Please ask him to contact me: rabain@rogers.com
Richard A. Bain
Old 09-07-2004, 10:27 AM
JLJ

Originally Posted by guykoken
Racerron:
I know of only one offer by Porsche which was close to that. He bought a yellow GT3 clubsport with the PCCB option.They offered to buy back the ceramic discs for the cost of the option plus GST and Provincial sales tax. That would leave him without reimbursement for for his cost of the steels, which he has installed. He says that their offer was simply to refund him the cost of the option and that subsequently they imposed the condition that to receive the refund, he'd have to hand over the discs. They say he misunderstood the initial offer. When I last checked with him, he hadn't decided what to do. Is the chap you're talking about the same customer? If not, I'd like to talk to him.
Richard A. Bain
he couldnt have got a GT3 clubsport in canada. i say this since you mentioned PST and GST and im in canada.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:58 PM
guykoken
Instructor

JLJ:
Oh yes he did. He ordered a GT3 without air conditioning, and lo and behold, a clubsport showed up in Atlanta. It was held up for over a week before being cleared by Canada Customs because the Feds had no record of such a model being produced by the Factory for export to North America, but PCNA got it cleared and to Mark Motors in Ottawa it was delivered, in 2003 as one of the first GT3s to hit the North American shores. The owner told me this, and I saw the car myself *** its then PCCB rotors with the "Sucker Yellow" calipers.
Richard A. Bain.

P.S. Let's stop all this digression. Where are the other victims? Let me hear from each of you. We're about ready to roll AND WE NEED MORE NAMES!
Richard A. Bain
Old 09-08-2004, 12:13 AM
JLJ

Originally Posted by guykoken
JLJ:
Oh yes he did. He ordered a GT3 without air conditioning, and lo and behold, a clubsport showed up in Atlanta. It was held up for over a week before being cleared by Canada Customs because the Feds had no record of such a model being produced by the Factory for export to North America, but PCNA got it cleared and to Mark Motors in Ottawa it was delivered, in 2003 as one of the first GT3s to hit the North American shores. The owner told me this, and I saw the car myself *** its then PCCB rotors with the "Sucker Yellow" calipers.
Richard A. Bain.

P.S. Let's stop all this digression. Where are the other victims? Let me hear from each of you. We're about ready to roll AND WE NEED MORE NAMES!
Richard A. Bain
so it showed up with rollbar ,harnesses, GT3 cloth proper seats and fire extinguisher?? if it didnt have all these it wasnt a clubsport. thats pretty wierd if it did
Old 09-08-2004, 12:25 AM
guykoken
Instructor

JLJ:
Yup. Roll cage, cloth GT3 seats, fire extiguisher( a big red mother)- the whole deal, plus the optional grossefraud PCCB brakes.
Richard A. Bain
Old 09-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Richard - The car in question is NOT a club sport. It is a GT3 with AC delete. He added the race gear later. He did order with PCCB though. I have published your plan in our local PCA magazine it will be in the mail in 3 weeks reaching about 650 members/ With your permission I will add your email address to the mention.
Rgds
Old 09-08-2004, 10:01 AM
JLJ

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Richard - The car in question is NOT a club sport. It is a GT3 with AC delete. He added the race gear later. He did order with PCCB though. I have published your plan in our local PCA magazine it will be in the mail in 3 weeks reaching about 650 members/ With your permission I will add your email address to the mention.
Rgds

i knew it wasnt possible a clubsport showed up in north america by being ordered thru a dealer.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:05 AM
guykoken
Instructor

Bob:
What he told me is what I posted. Did he tell you something different? If so, that's very disappointing.
Thank you for putting my PCCB plan in Rennsport Region's monthly magazine.You certainly may provide my name and E-mail address. I tried to place an ad in Panorama and they refused to run it. Same thing with Excellence.
I didn't bother to contact Christophorus. I'll try to post a notice in UCR's Provinz.

Those of you viewers who are PCA members can help out by trying to have the editor of your local chapter's periodical run a notice stating that Richard Bain of the Upper Canada Region chapter is organizing owners of PCCB equipped Porsches to prosecute an action in the USA against Porsche AG and PCNA, and that if they want details, they should E-mail Richard at rabain@rogers.com.

Early on, I wrote a satire about the PCCBs. I'll try to post it in a new thread entitle Them Is The Brakes. If any editor of a PCA chapter newsletter or magazine wants to run it, they have my permission to do so.

Richard Bain

Quick Reply: Calling All PCCB Victims