Default Good after-market sound system

Play it loud!
http://www.europipe.be/1024.html
Old 08-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
This IS available here in the USA, my dealer offered me this option. The price was around $5,000 and included CF or leather bits to boot. I passed cause I did not want the extra CF or leather and it appeared that I could get the same equipment from the dealer for $2,500. It now appears that i was wrong, and maybe should have gotten the upgrade from the factory.

Live and learn.
Sorry for the mistake, this option wasn't available when I ordered and I haven't seen it in any of the order guides that are available online. I guess the trick is to find out what parts the factory uses for the upgrade and get the same through your dealer. The installation will probably cost a little more but you can leave off the trim items you don't want. Maybe your dealer's parts department can look this up on a more recent version of PET. Mine is from last year and there are no option audio parts listed.

I don't think the HPAS that is advertised in Tequipment will work. I had this in my 99 C2 and there was a double sub woofer that replaced the single sub that came standard on the car in the lower front of the door. I don't see how this unit would fit on the current door because it went right where the little storage pocket is now. You have to change out the whole inner door panel to get it to fit, I think.

Karl

Quick Reply: Factory/Dealer upgrade sound system??