996 GT3 Recaro Seat Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 07:37 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 996 GT3 Recaro Seat Adjustments

Hi all,

I am really, really struggling with the seat position in my GT3 (Euro Clubsport) - I find that after a short period of time, the lack of recline - which forces my shoulders to hunch forward - means a lot of pressure is put on my lower back and it is really taking the enjoyment out of it...and borderline painful

I have stacked 2 Recaro lumbar pads behind the cushion and this has helped to a degree but it's not 100% yet.

I know that these Recaro shells will fit me. My E92 I had prior to the GT3 had Pole Position FIA, and after much experimenting, they were *unbelievably* comfortable.

Therefore, I am looking at options to have some adjustment in the side mount. I have a pair of Aluminium Recaro Side Mounts and a spare set of 996 rails however the 2 items are not compatible. I was leaning towards the generic Recaro sliders on Brey Krause 996 floor mount adapters /w Aluminium side mounts - however this doesn't factor in the sub bar....I see Brey Krause offer something but has anyone experience with this?

Modifying the stock side mounts is out of the question. I'm not that rich.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:02 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 437 Likes on 320 Posts

Yeah you've got quite the mess of RECARO products that are non compatible with each other... the Krause is a good idea since you could buy the sub bar with your mounts. Quick questions, are we putting the same Pole Position FIA in the GT3 from the E92? The seating position if off because you're too far back in the GT3?

If you have any other RECARO aftermarket questions you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.

https://www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 02 https://bit.ly/49A6n4M

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 05-08-2024 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:12 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Yeah you've got quite the mess of RECARO products that are non compatible with each other... the Krause is a good idea since you could buy the sub bar with your mounts. Quick questions, are we putting the same Pole Position FIA in the GT3 from the E92? The seating position if off because you're too far back in the GT3?

If you have any other RECARO aftermarket questions you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.

https://www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/
Hi,

No - the Euro seats will remain (my car is UK Factory Clubsport/M003 /w the Velour seats) - I am looking to use these seats but with the Aluminium Recaro side mounts that offer adjustments for height and rake. The seating position currently is far too upright (too much pressure on my lower back/no lumbar support)
Old 05-09-2024, 02:01 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by philrob1
Hi,

No - the Euro seats will remain (my car is UK Factory Clubsport/M003 /w the Velour seats) - I am looking to use these seats but with the Aluminium Recaro side mounts that offer adjustments for height and rake. The seating position currently is far too upright (too much pressure on my lower back/no lumbar support)
Understood, how many height adjustment holes do you have at the front of your aluminum Recaro side mounts?
Old 05-09-2024, 02:05 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 363 Posts

BK sells a mount specifically for our clubsport seats and oem manual sliders (and they feature a bolt hole for the oem harness belts to bolt in) that has two holes for the forward mounting position that allows you to effectively recline the seat a bit. I run these in my car but use the lower (non-reclined) hole to get a little more headroom). The only real downside is that in this configuration there is a bit of rubbing and interference between the handle of the seat adjustment and stuff under the seat (documented in a thread on this forum somewhere). This can cause a bit of squeaking depending on where you have the seat situated on the sliders. In some positions it doesn't rub/squeak, but if you slide the seat back too far it will. I don't think you will have this issue if you use the upper (reclined) hole in the front though.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:07 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Here is a bad pic I just snapped.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:48 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Understood, how many height adjustment holes do you have at the front of your aluminum Recaro side mounts?
I have 4 front adjustment holes and 2 rear adjustment holes. These were the same brackets that used when I achieved incredible comfort in my E92, onto Recaro Pole Position FIA
Old 05-09-2024, 02:49 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
BK sells a mount specifically for our clubsport seats and oem manual sliders (and they feature a bolt hole for the oem harness belts to bolt in) that has two holes for the forward mounting position that allows you to effectively recline the seat a bit. I run these in my car but use the lower (non-reclined) hole to get a little more headroom). The only real downside is that in this configuration there is a bit of rubbing and interference between the handle of the seat adjustment and stuff under the seat (documented in a thread on this forum somewhere). This can cause a bit of squeaking depending on where you have the seat situated on the sliders. In some positions it doesn't rub/squeak, but if you slide the seat back too far it will. I don't think you will have this issue if you use the upper (reclined) hole in the front though.
Really useful Scott, thank you. May I ask - how tall are you? I am 5ft10 and my preference is a low, reclined position. I'll definitely look into this option, too -
Old 05-09-2024, 02:51 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by philrob1
I have 4 front adjustment holes and 2 rear adjustment holes. These were the same brackets that used when I achieved incredible comfort in my E92, onto Recaro Pole Position FIA
Those are the ones with the most adjustment possible.... any pictures of the seat and rake in the car?
Old 05-09-2024, 02:54 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

I'm 6'4" with a long torso, so I aim for as much headroom as possible (especially for track day use with a helmet).
The following users liked this post:
philrob1 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 05:33 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Those are the ones with the most adjustment possible.... any pictures of the seat and rake in the car?
The seat is currently on the stock Clubsport side mounts, I have not fixed the Recaro Aluminium mounts into the car - I am looking for the best option to do this; either Brey Krause floor mounts /w Recaro universal sliders, or the Recaro 996 specific mounts and sliders - but I must have the option for the sub bar...
Old 05-09-2024, 05:33 PM
philrob1
Instructor

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
I'm 6'4" with a long torso, so I aim for as much headroom as possible (especially for track day use with a helmet).
Understood - a bit taller than I am then!

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 Recaro Seat Adjustments