Fitting a 997 GT3 LSD to a 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 11:08 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by black04
What you are "using the car for" where the handling is not an issue?
I don't understand why you say the plates are not worn out when they don't do their job and are ruining your handling.
I don’t understand the patronizing tone of your questions. I never said the handling was ruined. I said I have noticed a gradual decrease in rear end stability under heavy braking when on track - no where near a point of discomfort but more movement from the rear than the first time the car ever went on track. Click the YouTube link in my signature and you can see a lap from the last time I went on track with the car. It demonstrates what I would consider to be sound handling performance. My car was never purchased to be a track car (I have a cup car for that). I have done a handful of casual track days since owning it and it is now used for weekend back roads only. Not conditions where you will find the limit of even the factory LSD.

Last edited by spiller; 05-04-2024 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 12:16 PM
black04
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by spiller
I don’t understand the patronizing tone of your questions. I never said the handling was ruined. I said I have noticed a gradual decrease in rear end stability under heavy braking when on track - no where near a point of discomfort but more movement from the rear than the first time the car ever went on track. Click the YouTube link in my signature and you can see a lap from the last time I went on track with the car. It demonstrates what I would consider to be sound handling performance. My car was never purchased to be a track car (I have a cup car for that). I have done a handful of casual track days since owning it and it is now used for weekend back roads only. Not conditions where you will find the limit of even the factory LSD.
My apologies. I'm sorry you though that I had a "tone".
I was asking a straight-up question. I sincerely didn't know why you were asking about LSD upgrades.
You answered my question. Thank you
Mission accomplished.

FYI my LSD had symptoms like yours. I was doing "weekend back roads" and slowed down because of the rear instability.
I hit a pothole in a turn, the sudden change in traction on the outside rear wheel caused a skid and I went off road.
I blame the LSD (and myself )

No tone. Just information one might want to consider.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:58 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 211 Posts

Don’t know much about 997 lsd swap to a 996 but the 997 shifter has a more solid feel esp with 996 cup cables. Just saying. If you track quite abit that’s worth an upgrade to that but if not it’s the 997 shifter has much less slop.
The following users liked this post:
changster123 (05-06-2024)

Quick Reply: Fitting a 997 GT3 LSD to a 996 GT3