Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Autothority ECU, yet.

In case you are wondering:

Mr. Cardwell,
We do not have software available for the 04 GT3's just yet. We are expecting to have a few different kits out for those later on this summer, so, definitely check back with us. Thank you for your interest.

cordially,

Scott Smith
Engineer
Autothority Performance Engineering
(703)323-0919 ext 403
ssmith@autothority.com
Old 06-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why would you even consider their chip? Let alone any chip for a normally aspirated engine. The benefits are usually slim to none.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Phil - I doubt that a chip would do much for a GT3. The Cup car has only 9 HP more and that's due to the less restrictive exhaust system (race cats only no mufflers). Since the 993 the factory software has gotten much better and ECU tweaks don't seem to buy very much. Turbos are another matter if you are willing to take a risk with extra boost. I noticed that the ECU programming is now regionalized. I guess to compensate for the lack of 93 (or better) octane in CA for example. IN the old days the factory chip was the same everywhere and settings were conservative to allow for lower grade fuel in certain parts of the world. I'm told that this is no longer the case which makes it hard for the aftermarket guys to improve things.

Rgds,
Old 06-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Bob Rouleau
I noticed that the ECU programming is now regionalized. I guess to compensate for the lack of 93 (or better) octane in CA for example. IN the old days the factory chip was the same everywhere and settings were conservative to allow for lower grade fuel in certain parts of the world. I'm told that this is no longer the case which makes it hard for the aftermarket guys to improve things.
Bob, not sure if the ECU's are regionalized. If they are, I don't think it is to compensate for the various qualities of fuel. As far as I know, all cars are tuned for 93 octane (98 in ROW) with the ECU programming to compensate for lesser quality fuels via ignition timing retardation.

Having said that, I agree with you on the rest. There is really very little, if anything, that can be done to improve the ECU on the GT3 or any other normally aspirated engine. I suggest we all explore the limits of the factory's mapping before we even go out and look for more.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see last post at: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=138816

Quick Reply: No Autothority ECU, yet.