Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my GT-3 but got to admit that this car peaked my interest!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:44 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I love my GT-3 but got to admit that this car peaked my interest!

Despite the blue tape!

Not that I can afford it but what a beauty! Sounds great too!
Old 06-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love my GT-3 but got to admit that this car peaked my interest!

It may "peak" your interest, but it will "pork" your wallet!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-04-2004, 05:04 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

It may "peak" your interest, but it will "pork" your wallet!
Yes, how true. Almost twice the price. Great car though....
Old 06-04-2004, 05:58 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Virtually identical track performance, with the nod to the GT3 and complete opposite reliability/durability characteristics...We all know who wins that one hands down...Great looking car...the epitome of sexy...
Old 06-04-2004, 06:37 PM
fuse
Advanced

Ferrari of Orange County had a slot to order a Stradale as of last weekend...for a 3 months or so delivery time.

It looks really sweet in the F1 Marlboro red.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:30 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

Virtually identical track performance, with the nod to the GT3 and complete opposite reliability/durability characteristics...We all know who wins that one hands down...Great looking car...the epitome of sexy...
Yes, its not a logical choice looking at the numbers compared to the GT-3. Following him around the track I did not how much smoother and less "lively" it is compared to our cars.

But since when is buying a Ferrari ever a logical choice - maybe if you're completing in F1 - ok!

I'm with you - it has pure sex appeal.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 4 Kurves
Following him around the track I did not how much smoother and less "lively" it is compared to our cars.
I agree Kevin -- after driving the CS back to back with the GT3, I was also amazed at how much better the Ferrari suspension handled the little bumps at turn 8 -- much less drama. The CS was awesome on the track at WS.

BTW, glad everything worked out OK with your car.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:09 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

360CS is for sure an awesome car, you can see where all the money went - sometimes that's a little blurred with the 996s...
Old 06-04-2004, 11:00 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take mine with a white strip down the center. It also sounds just as good as it looks. Sweet!
Old 06-05-2004, 01:44 AM
BrianPA
Racer

Originally posted by Jack
I agree Kevin -- after driving the CS back to back with the GT3, I was also amazed at how much better the Ferrari suspension handled the little bumps at turn 8 -- much less drama. The CS was awesome on the track at WS.

BTW, glad everything worked out OK with your car.
Any other comments to share on your back to back drive?

I'm curious... if it handles the bumps so much better why is it not faster? Seems as though this car should be alot faster given the weight and horsepower figures...
Old 06-14-2004, 03:57 AM
thusly
Rennlist Member

Default 360 CS and GT-3

Just took delivery of a Stradale this week and had a bit of time to experience an F-car. While I didn't have an opportunity to track the Ferrari and am very cautiously exploring what the car can do, there are certain aspects that make the GT-3 and Stradale quite similar and in other regards, quite different. FWIW (about $0.01)

Steering - similar: very responsive, not heavy, great feel, great bite/easy turn-in

Power curve - somewhat similar: engine noise aside, both cars seem to really come to life be at over 5k; low end torque/power nothing like a twin turbo or GT-2; the GT-3 seems to have more umph from 1k to 5k over the Stradale.

Handling - pretty similar: well balanced, firmly planted feel (although seems as though the Stradale is moreso), P-car more stiffly sprung, occassionally tramlines and bumps seem to upset car easier, seems like it would be "easier" to drift/toss into corners the P-car than the F-car (F-car seems to have more grip), F-car probably a bit more "usable" in everyday driving than the GT-3 (if one were to actually do that)

Passenger comfort - similar: the Stradale car seats and very similar to the GT-3 seats, although the F-car seats can be adjusted for recline; similar and good legroom, comfortable interior - including a/c, although F-car is slightly louder to passengers, similar trunk space, more storage in GT-3 due to back seat area.

Other - very different: the Stradale is an entire sensory experience - engine noises, raw cabin due to lack of carpeting, and absolutely sensual lines (IMHO). The F-car's paddle shifter in race mode (and associated suspension adjustments) and automatic blipping when downshifting make me feel like M. Schumaker for about 2 seconds.

All in all, the F-car is a very hard car to not want to drive (or even dream about), even if it doesn't involved spirited driving. However, if you really want low end torque and tremendous grunt, go for the GT-2 or tt!

I now have a much better appreciation of the difference between Ferrari and Porsche owners - different intents and focuses: Ferrari owners get fabulous visceral & sensory sensations made possible through a gorgeous and sensuous mechanical design vs. Porsche owners getting no-frills and no nonsense power, performance and durability. Sort of like the differences between a great or special burgandy or rhone vs. a good bordeaux?
Old 06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
sjsharks
Racer

That yellow Corvette at LeMans didnt show either one much respect.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by sjsharks
That yellow Corvette at LeMans didnt show either one much respect.
We'll that's a meaningful statement.

Fred: Congrats on the new car -- drive it in the best of health.
I guess some people on this forum suffer from F-car envy.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:06 PM
4 Kurves
Pro

I guess some people on this forum suffer from F-car envy.
Hahaha - is that a bad thing Jack? I guess it would be if you tended to bad mouth F cars (not me).

It's funny but I love all high performance cars (and some that aren't - still have fond memories of my first MG-B). I have brand loyalty to Porsche but I read and watch all brands with great enthusiasm.

I agree with you that the Corvette statement by sjsharks was irrelevant - the pro race teams car are pretty far removed from production cars. And after all didn't the Ferrari's kick the Corvette's asses last year? Anyway, being envious is not such a bad thing - it could be a motivator. Perhaps you meant: jealous which is something else entirely.

-Kevin
Old 06-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 4 Kurves
Anyway, being envious is not such a bad thing - it could be a motivator. Perhaps you meant: jealous which is something else entirely.

-Kevin
Kevin -- I agree with you 100%. Perhaps envy was the wrong choice of words. I, too, can appreciate all sorts of cars -- even the Corvette Z06.

Quick Reply: I love my GT-3 but got to admit that this car peaked my interest!