Sponsored by:

Insurance coverage

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 04:43 PM
Mggstuttgart
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance coverage

Hi friends. I have a 2005 GT-3 with 25k miles. I only drive it about 400 miles per year. I would like to peel it away from my main insurance policy where I have my other cars. Any insight on the best companies to contact. Seems a bit silly to pay the same amount for coverage as I pay for my daily driver macan GTS and my cayman. Thanks for your insight and help.
Old 09-11-2022, 05:23 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,208 Likes on 2,192 Posts

There's a lot of good discussion in these two threads:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ispreloading=1
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ispreloading=1

Side note, are you saying it's silly to pay as much for your daily drivers and you're expecting to pay less since you drive it less? In general, if you move to an agreed value policy I wouldn't expect it to be substantially cheaper. Sometimes it can be more expensive, even with your limited miles. When you're looking through threads, I wouldn't pay much attention to what people are saying they're paying given that your location, driving record, credit score and car you're insuring all play into your rate along with various other factors.

Depending on which state you're in, you may want to look at https://www.porscheautoinsurance.com. That is an agreed value, pay per mile policy that would likely be perfect for you. They also have OEM parts replacement coverage.

You could also look at Hagerty which is a popular option. Grundy is another option.

If you are willing to bundle all of your cars and your home with a single company, you may want to consider moving to a company such as Cincinnati or Chubb as they also do agreed value insurance. The more mainstream insurance companies will not offer agreed value.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:57 PM
Mggstuttgart
3rd Gear

Really great insight and a terrific help, Thanks very much for taking the time and giving me the links. I appreciate your help very much. Thanks again.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:55 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

bxstr is a gem, just keep in mind that insurance advice needs to be considered thru the lens that states have different rules / laws.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:44 PM
Mggstuttgart
3rd Gear

Thanks again. I was able to get the Porsche insurance for the car values, mileage and coverage levels I wanted. Amazing really. I went from $2200 year for both cars to just under $700. Y’all were such a huge help. Very grateful.
Old 09-13-2022, 01:42 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 388 Posts

I've found grundy much cheaper than Haggerty, for what its worth.

And more importantly, @cgfen, I've noticed you popping into threads a good amount lately...you ready to re-join the fold? I sure hope so. As you know, these things get under your skin!
Old 09-13-2022, 06:46 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Insurance

I know I'm a little late but Pekin here in il is great. My gt3 is about the same as my 4 g body cars. I think im at 1500 for all 5 per year and i change them to storage in the winter so its close to 1/3 less then. Wife's gl is only 700 a year and she commutes into chicago.

cheers!

The following users liked this post:
Marv (09-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Insurance coverage