Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Rack Mobile Tire Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2022 | 10:59 AM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Default Tire Rack Mobile Tire Installation

Has anyone used the Tire Rack Mobile Trie Installation service? It seems like a good deal / idea. Someone comes to your house and mounts and balances your tires.
I already took the wheels off the car, removed rubber, and the car is on jack stands -- I don't installer that much.

Normally, I either take the car and/or drop off the tires at my Porsche race shop. On the website it said they use Hunter mounting and balancing equipment.
Also, it is less expensive for me to use this service $32.50 / tire vs. $50 / tire a race shop. I can put on my own tape over the weights.

This seems like a no-brainer, but maybe I am missing something? e.g. the installer could be clueless.

Any thoughts.
Old 03-28-2022 | 11:58 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

I’ve not used Tire Rack’s mobile service, but we have a similar service in the Bay Area called “Tread Connection” that I use exclusively now. The installers have all be knowledgeable, and the equipment is all top of the line Hunter. They will do everything for you if that is what you need (and is the bulk of their business), but the upside for me is to be able to control the wheel install and take as much risk out of it as possible (remove my own wheels, deal with center locks myself, remove the wheel weights and not scratch the rim, etc.)
Old 03-28-2022 | 01:08 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Body In White
I’ve not used Tire Rack’s mobile service, but we have a similar service in the Bay Area called “Tread Connection” that I use exclusively now. The installers have all be knowledgeable, and the equipment is all top of the line Hunter. They will do everything for you if that is what you need (and is the bulk of their business), but the upside for me is to be able to control the wheel install and take as much risk out of it as possible (remove my own wheels, deal with center locks myself, remove the wheel weights and not scratch the rim, etc.)
Yes, you outlined another benefit of basically watching them and being able to clean wheels, remove weights, etc. to reduce risk
Old 03-28-2022 | 03:05 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

I used it a few weeks ago; zero complaints.

Quick Reply: Tire Rack Mobile Tire Installation