Sponsored by:

Rear toe alignment with spherical adjustable toe arm

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 06:12 PM
junior23
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Rear toe alignment with spherical adjustable toe arm

How should I adjust my alignment for rear toe when replacing the rear toe arm with an adjustable unit that compromises of an inner spherical bushing and lockout eccentric bolt kit? For example, do I scale back on the amount of toe in I would've spec'd in now that the spherical bearing provides less deflection, and if yes, by how much? Appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2022, 09:21 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,433 Likes on 1,801 Posts

I used tarret locking plates for the bolts and i just adjusted the link. Its safer because the eccentric bolts sometimes slip.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:19 AM
black04
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by junior23
…do I scale back on the amount of toe in I would've spec'd in now that the spherical bearing provides less deflection, and if yes, by how much? Appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
What my limited knowledge of toe is that it is basically a static adjustment. So I would go with standard specs
Old 02-07-2022, 08:39 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,433 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Sorry misread your post. Agree with above, stock settings for street driving
Old 02-08-2022, 11:38 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by junior23
How should I adjust my alignment for rear toe when replacing the rear toe arm with an adjustable unit that compromises of an inner spherical bushing and lockout eccentric bolt kit? For example, do I scale back on the amount of toe in I would've spec'd in now that the spherical bearing provides less deflection, and if yes, by how much? Appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
Your theory is sound here, but it's ultimately going to boil down to personal preference. Once you have the inner bearings, and particularly if you went with the bump steer adjustable units. you have the tools in place to where you can start experimenting with less and less rear toe in the car to find your own personal comfort level. I went down this road and ultimately didn't care for the way it felt and went back to running .20 degrees per side as it was my personal comfort space with the car.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:00 PM
junior23
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

appreciate the replies! i'll keep with the settings i have now (kussmaul). looking forward to new bushings!

Quick Reply: Rear toe alignment with spherical adjustable toe arm