My GT3 is sold.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 10:43 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 996 Likes on 666 Posts
Default My GT3 is sold.

Hey all,

So in a strange turn of events this week I was contacted by a collector who had heard through the grapevine that my GT3 was going to be for sale in the spring. Sent him a bunch of photos and had a phone and email conversation with him on Monday. On Tuesday evening I answered more questions and discussed price. By Wednesday morning he has wired payment in full at my full asking price. The car is going to Massachusetts, Boston area. Buyer owns a Carrera GT, BMW M1, and some other cool and rare cars in his collection. Easiest car sale ever...I guess the Porsche grapevine is strong. Now on to my next adventure. Thanks everyone for all your support here over the past 3 years I have owned the car.

Parting photos I took on Monday evening:

Last edited by Nickshu; 12-17-2020 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:22 AM
Mike in CO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the sale!
The following users liked this post:
Nickshu (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 12:01 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats / sorry for your loss
Old 12-17-2020, 02:13 PM
Rootwitch
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 43 Posts

Amazing, wow!
Old 12-17-2020, 02:54 PM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

Congrats!
Old 12-17-2020, 04:12 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 763 Likes on 385 Posts

I'm with HDA...my condolences LOL! Everyone is different of course, and life/family/financial/work circumstances always play a role in these types of decisions, but if you are even remotely like me, you will be back. The more cars I buy/drive/own, the more I like this damn 996 gt3. When I sold my first one I was 100% certain I'd be happy with my 997 gt3 and wouldn't look back. I was wrong. So I bought back my 996 but sold it again, and was again convinced I would be fine without one, after all, I had a manual Gallardo that I had set up as perfect as I could (exhaust, suspension, rwd conversion, 200lbs weight reduction, etc.), but I was wrong yet again. So I bought another 996 lol! They are just so much fun to drive, and are an absolute bargain at today's prices! These cars truly ruin everything else. They are like a super hot-rodded aircooled 911 but with way more practicality, reliability, and comfort (its all relative!). Even my Ferrari 430 scud, renowned for its raw, engaging, visceral experience, is no where near as fun to drive. And I can't even believe I'm writing that! Scud is GREAT and I'm certainly glad to have one in the stable but its really no comparison in the "fun to drive" category. So for me its the 996 gt3 that is my "dead man's car" LOL! I could give a rat's a__s about cars and coffee "sword fighting," hp numbers, 0-60 times, or looking like a baller...I value fun to drive, and for me at least, nothing eclipses these cars (with a few strategic mods). I also love the sizing/scale...all the newer stuff is just soo big feeling! 996's feel like classic sports cars whilw still being roomy enough for a 6'4" long torso'd dude (and mine is just under 3k lbs...perfection!). Good luck (ps, I should have bought your ipd plenum!!!!!).

Last edited by ScottArizona; 12-18-2020 at 01:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ScottArizona:
HDA (12-18-2020), paddlefoot64 (12-18-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 04:38 PM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
I'm with HDA...my condolences LOL! Everyone is different of course, and life/family/financial/work circumstances always play a role in these types of decisions, but if you are even remotely like me, you will be back. The more cars I buy/drive/own, the more I like this damn 996 gt3. When I sold my first one I was 100% certain I'd be happy with my 997 gt3 and wouldn't look back. I was wrong. So I bought back my 996 but sold it again, and was again convinced I would be fine without one, after all, I had a manual Gallardo that I had set up as perfect as I could (exhaust, suspension, rwd conversion, 200lbs weight reduction, etc.), but I was wrong yet again. So I bought another 996 lol! They are just so much fun to drive, and are an absolute bargain at today's prices! These cars truly ruin everything else. They are like a super hot-rodded aircooled 911 but with way more practicality, reliability, and comfort (its all relative!). Even my Ferrari 430 scud, renowned for its raw, engaging, visceral experience, is no where near as fun to drive. And I can't even believe I'm writing that! Scud is GREAT and I'm certainly glad to have one in the stable but its really no comparison in the "fun to drive" category. So for me its the 996 gt3 that is my "dead man's car" LOL! I could give a rat's a__s about cars and coffee "sword fighting," hp numbers, 0-60 times, or looking like a baller...I value fun to drive, and for me at least, nothing eclipses these cars (with a few strategic mods). I also love the sizing/scale...all the newer stuff is just soo big feeling! 996's feel like classic sports cars will still being roomy enough for a 6'4" long torso'd dude (and mine is just under 3k lbs...perfection!). Good luck (ps, I should have bought your ipd plenum!!!!!).
I live reading your posts and hearing how the 996gt3 stands out even in a garage as stuffed with BA cars as yours.

Hoping I don't have to sell mine this spring but house shopping is not going well and the bonkers housing market may dictate it sadly.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:47 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 763 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Olemiss540
I live reading your posts and hearing how the 996gt3 stands out even in a garage as stuffed with BA cars as yours.

Hoping I don't have to sell mine this spring but house shopping is not going well and the bonkers housing market may dictate it sadly.

I know your pain! I was literally there two years ago! But for now at least, if you need to sell, I bet you can get back in after the initial capital outlay for the new place is over with! That is what I did. Needed a bit of "bridge" cash since we had 4 mortgages and the new house was not cheap (and didn't want to start liquidating other assets), since we didn't have the luxury of being able to sell our current residence before closing on the new one. But as soon as that sucker closed and I knew we were going to be ok (sold the other house, sold the rental, kept the beach house), I was back on the hunt! Just don't wait too long or the market may discover what we on this forum already know!
Old 12-17-2020, 06:43 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
I know your pain! I was literally there two years ago! But for now at least, if you need to sell, I bet you can get back in after the initial capital outlay for the new place is over with! That is what I did. Needed a bit of "bridge" cash since we had 4 mortgages and the new house was not cheap (and didn't want to start liquidating other assets), since we didn't have the luxury of being able to sell our current residence before closing on the new one. But as soon as that sucker closed and I knew we were going to be ok (sold the other house, sold the rental, kept the beach house), I was back on the hunt! Just don't wait too long or the market may discover what we on this forum already know!
You ready to sell it back to me? haha
Old 12-17-2020, 07:14 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 218 Posts

Nickshu - just curious - what is the next adventure? Maybe a Red Bull race plane? Seems like the nearest substitute for a 6GT3.
The following 2 users liked this post by jpoint:
HDA (12-18-2020), Nickshu (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 10:03 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jpoint
Nickshu - just curious - what is the next adventure? Maybe a Red Bull race plane? Seems like the nearest substitute for a 6GT3.
I just bought a VERY nicely built Spec Boxster race car. Cup car level finish. Time to go wheel to wheel racing.

I also have a 2020 GT4 that I can use for DE still.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nickshu:
Booth9999 (12-18-2020), jpoint (12-18-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 11:08 PM
94526GT3
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I just bought a VERY nicely built Spec Boxster race car. Cup car level finish. Time to go wheel to wheel racing.

Very cool. I guess that rennlister who recently put up a looking to buy ad with the name bmwm1 was serious.

Also did you sell your fab exhaust set? I was really tempted but with my car being fully stock makes me fear falling down the rabbit hole that is 6gt3 mods...
Old 12-18-2020, 12:20 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 94526GT3
Very cool. I guess that rennlister who recently put up a looking to buy ad with the name bmwm1 was serious.

Also did you sell your fab exhaust set? I was really tempted but with my car being fully stock makes me fear falling down the rabbit hole that is 6gt3 mods...
Still available. In great shape. Sounds amazing!
Old 12-18-2020, 03:01 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu

Interested to hear what you think of the Boxter (and 718 for that matter!). I think the best deals are those done off the market, but that’s just me. Well done. Did you consider 996 cup?
Old 12-18-2020, 07:18 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spiller
Interested to hear what you think of the Boxter (and 718 for that matter!). I think the best deals are those done off the market, but that’s just me. Well done. Did you consider 996 cup?
Actually 996 Cup was where I started. The problem is that in my area there is really no racing for a Cup car. You can run it in unlimited class but you're not going to be running against other Cup cars, or maybe just and handful, and all different generations. Most or all of that action is on the east and west coast. I can run a SPB in my area with lots of options to race and always a field of 15-20 cars. And it's still a Porsche vs going to another maker.

Last edited by Nickshu; 12-18-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Quick Reply: My GT3 is sold.