Old 12-03-2020, 12:54 PM
mnwild
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by LuisGT3
No prob.

I was surfing Craigslist last night and came across your car:
https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto...240388492.html

I'm very familiar with the spot where you took those photos as I lived in Clearwater (Belleair) myself from 2002-2006.
Here is a pic of my old 993 in that same spot. (Sorry for the poor quality, almost a 20 year old pic)
Yep, decided to list local and see what happens. I feel someone needs to see and drive the car to buy vs remote and PPI. Hadn't driven it in a few days and drove this morning and was asking myself what the heck I was doing listing the car and almost pulled the ad down when I got home.

Small world. I moved down 3 years ago from Minneapolis, where I spent approx 25 years (Eagan, Apple Valley, Como area St. Paul and Uptown). Nice 993, good choice in location .

Looks like we did a switch and you are up north? Still have the 993 or something different?
Old 12-04-2020, 09:14 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mnwild
Yep, decided to list local and see what happens. I feel someone needs to see and drive the car to buy vs remote and PPI. Hadn't driven it in a few days and drove this morning and was asking myself what the heck I was doing listing the car and almost pulled the ad down when I got home.

Small world. I moved down 3 years ago from Minneapolis, where I spent approx 25 years (Eagan, Apple Valley, Como area St. Paul and Uptown). Nice 993, good choice in location .

Looks like we did a switch and you are up north? Still have the 993 or something different?
Lol, I went to high school in Apple Valley and lived in Uptown for many years (up until 5 years ago). I sold the 993 in 05 and bought an 05 GT3, moved to AZ and back to MN in 08. I currently have an 04 GT3.

The following 3 users liked this post by LuisGT3:
405 (12-04-2020), HDA (12-04-2020), mnwild (12-04-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 02:08 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 111 Posts

Anyone that is looking to buy this car is going to want the deal of the century just like you did and would. Keep it, drive it and save yourself the headache. It's going to be a long road to getting a number you want on this one IMO.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:00 AM
mnwild
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmann2380
Anyone that is looking to buy this car is going to want the deal of the century just like you did and would. Keep it, drive it and save yourself the headache. It's going to be a long road to getting a number you want on this one IMO.
Yes decided to keep for now. Based on the numbers that have been thrown my way, I don't think that road is any where near as long as you think. At this price point, what's $5k-$10k. People are contacting me about the car on here, I don't think I'll have any trouble selling for what I want when the time comes.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:47 AM
mnwild
Rennlist Member

An update on the periodic difficulty shifting into 1st/2nd issue, talked with a friend who is much more mechanically knowledgeable than I and he said some motorcycle racing transmissions he's worked with have gear teeth that don't always line up the gears as they should going into 1st/2nd that I should try dropping into 2nd when having the issue and then into 1st. I tried this and it works every time, goes into 2nd perfectly and then back into 1st with ease. Not ideal and I'm sure it's not how this transmission is supposed to work but rest of the gears are good, clutch as well so works for me instead of a rebuild for now, especially with the issue being so intermittent

Quick Reply: GT2 value & some questions...