Rockit's GT3 w/ K58's

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 04:54 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

bass gt3,

if you look at K58 closely, near the circumference of the rim there's a bend/lip. you don't have that on the "reverse" K58R's. as a result the wheel looks bigger than it really is. a 18" K58R uses 19" centers. goto kinesis web site and you will see the difference. reverse also cost more.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:06 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Bass GT3
Rockit,

Could you let me know the exact sizes of the wheels you just purloined including the offsets, and sorry to show my ignorance, but what is the difference between the "normal" and "reversed" centre/ rim thingy's?

Best Regards,

Steve B

PS. VERY nice in the shot peened finish!
Hi Steve...The wheels are basically the same spec as stock. Kinesis did not have the exact offsets. They are 1mm off in the front and 2mm off in the back. Not noticeable. The oem spec is 40 front 63 rear. The Kinesis are 41mm front 65mm rear, I believe. The reverse lip is basically an option for appearence. It makes the wheel look like 19's since the center is bigger in diameter by 1 inch...so rim dish appears flat rather than raised like mine. Reverse lips are not recommended for track work. Not sure of the reason why, but that's what Wheel Enhancement and others have told me. The reverse lips are heavier because of the bigger wheel centers...

WE is very knowlegeable and they specialize in Porsche's...ask for John, one of the owners for more info.

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/
Old 03-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mooty, Rockit,

Thanks!
Also, i forgot to ask. Do Kinesis wheels require any special valves as being in the UK, it might prove tricky come tyre change time. Would like to know B4 i commit and give myself a potential headache.

Many Thanks,

Steve B
Old 03-16-2004, 05:38 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Mooty, Rockit,

Thanks!
Also, i forgot to ask. Do Kinesis wheels require any special valves as being in the UK, it might prove tricky come tyre change time. Would like to know B4 i commit and give myself a potential headache.

Many Thanks,

Steve B
Yes they come with metal sleave valve stems bolted on the the rim...No rubber...
Old 03-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Rockit,

Thank you!
So I'll just get them to ship a life times supply of valves then!!

Regards,

Steve B
Old 03-16-2004, 06:11 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Steve, to make sure there's no confusion, the valve stems are metal, not metal sleaved rubber. They are bolted firmly to the wheel rim from the factory...
Old 03-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Bass GT3
Instructor

Rockit,

Ahhh. I see. Never seen that over here. Might be a problem then.
So are these a consumable item then? What happens when you change the tyres? Can the valves only be changed by Kinesis? Will peace and tranquility reign on Rennlist?
Answers on a postcard please....

Many Thanks,

Steve B
Old 03-16-2004, 06:29 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Rockit,

Ahhh. I see. Never seen that over here. Might be a problem then.
So are these a consumable item then? What happens when you change the tyres? Can the valves only be changed by Kinesis? Will peace and tranquility reign on Rennlist?
Answers on a postcard please....

Many Thanks,

Steve B
Tires have no effect...I guess it just a question whether the air fitting on the compressor is compatible with the shrader valve...Kinesis can probably put in any type of valve if you have special requirements...
Old 03-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Alan Baylis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The valve stem that we use on the standard drop center wheels is relatively standard. We do use a unique rubber seal, but not so unique that someone in a remote area (parked next to the pub for example) would not be able to find something that will work. Schrader Bridgeport makes many of their unique valve stems in the UK and their aluminum racing valve works just fine.

Quick Reply: Rockit's GT3 w/ K58's