Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Poseur-look continues

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020 | 10:42 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4porsh
The double stick tape works for a while on the ram air scoop, but mine flew off in turn 8 Willow Springs. So I went with bolts to hold it on.
Same. I didn't have the cahones to just rely on sticky tape so I went with bolts. The decklid is in 2 layers, so I drilled the bottom layer (exposed) with a large hole, then the top layer (where the bolt goes) with a smaller hole. I can access the screws with a long/straight T-handle allen. I then found some rubber plugs to put in the exposed larger hole on the underside of the decklid. It looks totally clean and factory.

I sealed the gaps between the scoop and the decklid by putting a high-heat neoprene foam strip around the edge (sticky on one side, against the scoop), that way I can easily remove it if needed.
The following users liked this post:
4porsh (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020 | 12:31 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Looking at where you're headed we could end up with twins. I also have a black CF RS wing - though it's not currently mounted. Years back I got a NLA factory look GT3 spoiler in CF that has a Gurney lip molded into the rear edge. Unfortunately it was already in primer so I had it painted body color. It's a VERY subtle modification. I rotate the wing on now and then. I don't have the scoop you just added. Are you considering a side graphic with matching color wheel centers - like black/black?
Old 10-06-2020 | 11:36 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4porsh
The double stick tape works for a while on the ram air scoop, but mine flew off in turn 8 Willow Springs. So I went with bolts to hold it on.
Understood.
The tape seems to have quite a bit of "sticktion", I'm going to risk it for a bit.

Originally Posted by jpoint
Is that a factory RS bumper? I had heard they were quite expensive. When I bought my car the original owner had the bumper cut out like an RS. I'm assuming cut out because it has been off the car and is a factory bumper. I always assumed he just had it cut like an RS and put in the grills.
Yes, factory RS bumper, BUT, the RS bumper and stock bumpers have the same P/N. I'm surprised that Porsche didn't add a -1 or something when they cut the holes and shipped the BC.
No wat to "prove" factory RS AFAIK.

Originally Posted by jpoint
Looking at where you're headed we could end up with twins. I also have a black CF RS wing - though it's not currently mounted. Years back I got a NLA factory look GT3 spoiler in CF that has a Gurney lip molded into the rear edge. Unfortunately it was already in primer so I had it painted body color. It's a VERY subtle modification. I rotate the wing on now and then. I don't have the scoop you just added. Are you considering a side graphic with matching color wheel centers - like black/black?
I / We would like to see that spoiler. I looked at image above and couldn't see gurney lip, (maybe very subtle?).

I'm not a fan of black graphics or wheels on a yellow car, so will stick with either silver or no graphics.
I'm still figuring how I might add yellow accents to silver wheels ala RS wheels.

I just plasti dipped these but yellow plastidip is wrong hue.

Cheers

Craig

Last edited by cgfen; 10-06-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2020 | 11:43 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

DUPLICATE

Last edited by cgfen; 10-06-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-09-2020 | 02:35 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

The lip is very subtle and the wing shape is otherwise stock looking. It was a prototype wing that I received as part of another transaction. I don't know if they ever went into production.

I tried to match the lettering font to the GT3 (based on the shape of the "T") but probably need to use slightly shorter lettering.

Last edited by jpoint; 10-09-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: RS Poseur-look continues