Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to put your GT3 on a diet

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 09:47 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That wing should be on this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=116644
Old 02-29-2004, 03:31 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rockitman
Looks like there are no rules when it comes to open track days in Germany.
There aren't many thats' for sure. Most German drives are good enought that they really don't need the equivalent of your local "PCA expert race guy" telling you what to do but there's always those dangerous few...
Old 02-29-2004, 03:56 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

saw the video.
this guy's got no brain but lots of *****.
i miss apex's and i track out wide too. but by THAT much and virtually at EVERY apex? i will be scared to share track with him.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:59 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

What is he doing with the gas pedal in teh turns? It sounds like his car is running out of gas. Is he tap dancing on it?

The GT3 looks to be ten times more forgiving than I ever imagined. I can't believe he didn't wreck.

I'm a bit afraid of taking my GT3 on the track when it finally arrives as I'm used to a Boxster S with PSM. Judging by this guys expirience maybe I have nothing to worry about?

Who is this guy and why did he embarass himself by posting these videos? He should have left the passenger seat in for the instructor he so desperately needs!
Old 02-29-2004, 04:23 PM
FixedWing
Burning Brakes

I really don't like these sorts of threads where people start publicly criticising the driving technique of others or their taste in cars. This is especially true when they've just published video and photos of themselves for all of our benefit. How many of the critics here will now do likewise? If nothing else, it chills the willingness of people to share.

Truth is, any of us watching these videos will understand exactly what we're seeing. And sure, we talk about this stuff privately. But in a public forum? Of a non-professional driver?

I just don't like it. But you guys go ahead if you want.

Stephen
Old 02-29-2004, 04:31 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

IMO his driving is irresponsible. It is possible to be an amateur driver and still have clean safe fun on the track within ones limits. This guy is a danger to himself and all those around him. I agree with your point to some degree but this guy is just downright dangerous. Regardless of what people say about this guy I would still be glad to post my Nuerburgring videos and let you all tear me a new....
Old 02-29-2004, 04:47 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by FixedWing
I really don't like these sorts of threads where people start publicly criticising the driving technique of others or their taste in cars. This is especially true when they've just published video and photos of themselves for all of our benefit. How many of the critics here will now do likewise? If nothing else, it chills the willingness of people to share.

Truth is, any of us watching these videos will understand exactly what we're seeing. And sure, we talk about this stuff privately. But in a public forum? Of a non-professional driver?

I just don't like it. But you guys go ahead if you want.

Stephen
From what I understand, it was not the car owner behind the wheel. It was someone else. I don't think we are being critical to make fun of him as much as we are pointing out the way not to drive the car on the track. The bogging of the revs in the corners clearly indicates that the driver does not match revs with wheel speed when down shifting and is in to high of a gear to maintain appropriate rpm's throughout the corner...
Old 02-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Miraculix
Pro

Jesus...

Why would anyone want to put a nice GT3 through that kind of treatment?

Quick Reply: How to put your GT3 on a diet