Sponsored by:

Shoulder Harness anchor point GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004 | 05:05 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by privates8
Chris,

The shots below your sig look especially great, in particular the butt shot!

Did you ever speak to Rick Deman? I told him about your thread about tuners. He said that you are welcome to come down and put your car on his dyno. He had another cool idea for down the road.
I grew up not too far from Union, albeit Schenectady has really turned for the worse. It's almost like the Upstate "Hood" sadly, with the drugs and violence. Thanks for the comp on the pics. They were done with my point and shoot. They will be replaced when I do a detailed photoshoot this Spring with my new Canon 10D digi slr....6.4 mega pix. The image quality will be much better. I have'nt spoken with Rick yet. I plan to when driving weather is back in full bloom. I want him to check my stock alignment to make sure it's in spec. As far as the dyno goes, I will probably do it at AWE since that is where I did it when the car was stock (Mustang Dyno) and I want a reliable comparison after I re-did the exhaust and improved air flow in. I am curious about that "cool idea" you elude to in your post. Very intriquing. Thanks for mentioning me to him...
Old 02-23-2004 | 11:45 PM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chris,

I think that it is perfectly logical to return to AWE to dyno the car post-Europipe. Trying to assess a change in performance can only properly be done that way. Should you use Rick when the weather gets nice, I am sure that you will need to redyno on his machine prior to anything that he does for you. He takes a very scientific approach to this stuff and showed me screen anfter screen of before and after modification on his GT1 as well as a number of other cars. He is very much on top of having the proper air/fuel ratio as well and can make adjustments at every 250rpms to optimize performance. Very cool.

I PMd you about the other suggestion that Rick had as it is more of a personal nature.
Old 02-23-2004 | 11:59 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by privates8
Chris,

I think that it is perfectly logical to return to AWE to dyno the car post-Europipe. Trying to assess a change in performance can only properly be done that way. Should you use Rick when the weather gets nice, I am sure that you will need to redyno on his machine prior to anything that he does for you. He takes a very scientific approach to this stuff and showed me screen anfter screen of before and after modification on his GT1 as well as a number of other cars. He is very much on top of having the proper air/fuel ratio as well and can make adjustments at every 250rpms to optimize performance. Very cool.

I PMd you about the other suggestion that Rick had as it is more of a personal nature.
Steve, I PM'd you a response. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Shoulder Harness anchor point GT3