Sponsored by:

996 Converts ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Madcaplaughs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by blustem
Scott, one more thing, you mentioned PCCB's.I looked for only for cars with them because of the weight savings(44LBS I believe).I don't know how to drive well enough to appreciate them BUT I will learn!!! Seriously, every one I've talked to or read about says get the PCCB's.
Blustem, you are not talking to enough people! The ceramic brakes appear not to hold up too well with track use. The steel ones are much more durable, and significantly cheaper to replace. If you are just going to use your car on the street then the ceramics will be fine. Don't get hung up over weight. I don't think the weight difference is as great as you suggest and if you damage the ceramics you will take a massive hit in the pocket. I personally think that the resale value of your car will suffer in the long term as well because future potential purchasers will be looking very closely at the condition of your brakes!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:19 PM
blustem
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point. Unfortunately I didn't do enough research before I bought the GT3. I knew I wanted it and decided to act quickly(I knew this would be a great car.) My question would be if I had to replace them could I put the steel ones on it, or is this a retarded question? Let's hope for the best.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Yes you can retrofit to steel rotors in lieu of the ceramics. In fact it would be cheaper to buy a whole new GT3 brake system (steel rotors and red calipers) than one PCCB rotor. The fronts steel rotors are a direct fit, the rears smaller and require a different size caliper.

Quick Reply: 996 Converts ??