Sponsored by:

Porche Race Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:42 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Porche Race Tuners

Anyone know of any good tuners in the NY,NJ or MA area's who specialize in tuning Porsche's??? I am looking for an experienced shop who tunes PCA club cars and who have a proven track record. Specifically I want a great suspension tuner that can reliably check my currenty settings and adjust if necessary. I have heard of De Man racing down in Nyack, NY...Are they really good at this??? Any other great tuners out there??? Thanks

Dealer's are out of the question, for I feel Porsche really does not train them well enough to give me the feeling that they know what they are doing in this regard.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:17 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christian,

No doubt DeMan is the place to go. I spent the day there on Saturday and he has tuned his GT1 racing car(heading to Sebring tomorrow for PCA Club racing) to 1000hp at the engine, over 800hp at the wheels. He has a very scientific and mathematically based set of strategies for tuning.

He showed me a number of racing cars that he had taken in from other tuners and from some PCA club racing guys from a great distance. Tuning is his passion and he is an intelligent guy. He is also a very nice guy to work with.

Last edited by privates8; 02-09-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a little further but worth the drive is G&W Motorsports - Call Price Cobb (yes, the same racing legend you are thinking of) 434.822.8120 - they are located at VIR in Va. They Run DP's and Cup cars and do customer tuning.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:54 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by privates8
Christian,

No doubt DeMan is the place to go. I spent the day there on Saturday and he has tuned his GT1 racing car(heading to Sebring tomorrow for PCA Club racing) to 1000hp at the engine, over 800hp at the wheels. He has a very scientific and mathematically based set of strategies for tuning.

He showed me a number of racing cars that he had taken in from other tuners and from some PCA club racing guys from a great distance. Tuning is his passion and he is an intelligent guy. He is also a very nice guy to work with.
Thanks Steve, guess if he can tune GT1's...that's good enough for my GT3. He's only around 2 1/4 hours from me. That's the ticket I was looking for...

Quick Reply: Porche Race Tuners