Sponsored by:

Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 997 Likes on 530 Posts
Default Seats

I am starting to get into autocross with my stock GT3, but I have quickly run into a limitation.

I’m 5’ 10” and 150 lbs. The stock GT3 seat’s lateral support isn’t the issue (I think), but I keep sliding forward in the seat.

I have the seat bottom tilted up as far as it goes and the back up so my arms are at the correct position, but find myself constantly correcting my seat position throughout the course. That costs valuable time.

One solution is a better seat, but that bumps me out of the stock PCA class. Not sure if there is another option. Any suggestions?

One
Old 02-10-2019, 09:58 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 825 Likes on 541 Posts

possibly "stock" euro GT3 seats and harnesses to hold you in place most effectively???????
or
try a device called a GLock (I think) that locks your existing 3 point harness around you.
I'm surprised that your region makes you take points for safety equipment.

everytime I do an event with stock 3 points, my back hurts from holding myself in position by using lottsa force on the dead pedal.

good luck.

Craig
Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 PM
DER951
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 02-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgfen
possibly "stock" euro GT3 seats and harnesses to hold you in place most effectively???????
or
try a device called a GLock (I think) that locks your existing 3 point harness around you.

everytime I do an event with stock 3 points, my back hurts from holding myself in position by using lottsa force on the dead pedal.

good luck.

Craig
The rules are the 2019 PCA Parade rules for this May's ZoneFest in Mt. Dora, FL. The GeLock sounds like the ticket.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:02 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
or

good luck.

Craig

+1. Used this when I started doing track days in a street car, many moons ago.

https://store.windingroad.com/cg-loc...dd-on-p49.aspx
Old 02-13-2019, 06:32 PM
Anthony Lovero
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv
I am starting to get into autocross with my stock GT3, but I have quickly run into a limitation.

I’m 5’ 10” and 150 lbs. The stock GT3 seat’s lateral support isn’t the issue (I think), but I keep sliding forward in the seat.

I have the seat bottom tilted up as far as it goes and the back up so my arms are at the correct position, but find myself constantly correcting my seat position throughout the course. That costs valuable time.

One solution is a better seat, but that bumps me out of the stock PCA class. Not sure if there is another option. Any suggestions?

One
If you get factory 996 race buckets, does that bump you out of the stock class as well? According to PCA rules, those would fall under "factory parts - Parts sold by Porsche as the stock parts appropriate for the specific car model and year. " or "OEM Parts - Parts equivalent to the parts sold by Porsche as the stock parts appropriate for the specific car model and year, except that the parts are from the supplier that made the parts for Porsche. "

I ran mine with the stock sliders, brey krause side plates, and the 3 point belts for a long time and it was great at the track (my local track has a small, tight configuration like an autocross). I guess you could do the factory side plates also if that is required to stay legal (Price and Part Number Here).

It offers a HUGE upgrade at the track as you don't need to constantly jam your left leg against the deadpedal to hold yourself in place. The 6-3 sport seats look reasonably supportive, but the side bolsters are really just a pad with no "structure" under them and I felt like they folded over quite easily.

Changing seats was one of the first things I did after taking the car to the track initially and realizing the deficiencies of the “comfort spec” seats. It was a straightforward install. Unfortunately this route will probably be pricier than an aftermarket Recaro/Sparco/etc., but if it keeps you legal in class because they are "factory parts", then you are getting value for your money.

Factory Buckets with 3 Point Belts:
Old 02-14-2019, 08:50 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Thanks. OEM GT3 seats would be the ultimate fix, as far as I'm concerned.

I need to speak to one of our local chapter sponsors and see what he recommends.

Quick Reply: Seats