Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler- Seeking value/pricing input: Considering selling 6GT3 track/street car

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 07:00 PM
CanyonBlaster
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Feeler- Seeking value/pricing input: Considering selling 6GT3 track/street car

Hey guys,
My priorities have changed. I am looking to move to a 997.2 GTS, or a 991.1 S, coupe, PDK. I will still go out to the track but on PS2's I want a newer comfortable touring car for road trip with the woman, etc.
I welcome an input about price/value. Obviously, I will only be interested in a buyer who intends to track, a lot. Yet, this car has ceramic coating and when it is all shined up, is stunning.

Here are the basics:

2005 996 GT3
Perfectly tuned track weapon, totally streetable, has tags, passes emissions with ease
I drive it on road all the time
Black over black/silver alcantara
Custom professionally applied GT3 RS tribute stripe kit
63K miles
All tuning and maintenance by Chris Cervelli, Stribling/Prestige, and 303 (local Denver TOP Pcar shops).

Upgrades:
Euro GT3 buckets
Techquipment half cage
6 point harnesses L&R
RECENT Moton 3-way suspension
900 lb springs in front, 950 lbs in rear, helper springs
Cervelli track alignment
Full trans-out rebuild by Stan at GBOX @ 20K miles, new stock ring & pinion (wonderful close ratios 1-5, 6th is stock)
New RS 4.0 clutch
New Guard Diff
Cup shifter, cables, brake ducts, splitter, wing
NEW calipers all around
Evoms tune
Fabspeed airbox/intake
Tubi headers & final mufflers
Fabspeed sport cats (this car wails!, but manageable on street if you stay out of the revs)
Fabspeed mini cat exhaust sensors (these got the dash light to go away for good and lame CO emissions people to shut up and tag it).
Old 02-04-2019, 12:15 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

I would say $75K-85K. Due to the high mileage I would have said $65K but with the suspension setup and track mods I think that could command a higher price. Funny how few 6-GT3's I see for sale with more than about 35K miles on them.

Only desirable thing I don't see on your list is the coolant pipes...Did you have them welded when the driveline was out for the transmission upgrades?

My car was recently setup by Cervelli on JRZ RS Pro 3-ways and 997RSR suspension arms and caster pucks of his own design. 1000lbs front and 1100lbs rear springs plus helper springs on top of that. Chris is "the wizard" for sure.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:23 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Lots of great and expensive mods. I think that range is reasonable, for the right buyer.
Does it have any type 2 over-revs, and if so, how many and how long ago?
All other suspension parts stock, like the rear toe link and drop links? Motor mounts and transmission mounts?
Ever been in an accident or had any paint work done?
Extra wheels?
Porsche or aftermarket rear wing?
These are questions you can anticipate. I'm not in the market, but think you have a great car, and wish you luck with the sale.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:29 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

68-70 for quick sale
8-10 higher if you are ok waiting with lots of tire kicking

Quick Reply: Feeler- Seeking value/pricing input: Considering selling 6GT3 track/street car