Sponsored by:

understeer ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 12:53 AM
mds
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bob_dallas
The only time I've had a problem with understeer was on a very slick wet track in the rain.
I noticed this wet understeer also. A later turn-in and a later apex may help you get to the power earlier, but don't be too aggressive or you risk loosing the rear. Been there, done that.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:27 AM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep - depended on the grip in the corner but in one particular corner when I did it right I turned later, swung wider to get some grip on the outside of the track and get the front wheels turned in and then could get the back end around and even a beautiful 4 wheel drift a few times when I got it just right. Managed to keep it out of the dirt which was my first goal - style points were a nice bonus on a few of the laps ;-)

Backend can definitely go quick in the wet - on the higher speed turns I was up a gear higher just to make sure I didn't get it too much trouble..
Old 01-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Viken
I thought this quote from the latest Road & Track was interesting:

"This car makes the 911 Turbo feel like a Buick Park Avenue. It's a Porsche 911, boiled down to what's important — a lightened rear-drive chassis with a race-bred engine that makes insane power as it revs to its 8200-rpm redline. If all Porsche 911s were like this, Louis Ruf wouldn't have a job."
— Andrew Bornhop, Senior Editor
ah Viken,

Ruf is currently doing the job left undone:

2700 # GT3 for USA.

Quick Reply: understeer ?