marcus1249
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 19 Posts

My understanding is that FVD sells the factory CF GT3 RS spoiler
Old 08-31-2018, 12:06 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 349 Posts

Get a "real one" The wing is up in the slip stream air where the down force can be best captured. Need to but some dive planes and splitters up front to balance out this monster.

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com

The above link will get you to their site.the previous link I posted was worthless.

It won't be cheap, but it will plant the car, in addition to the wing, you'll need uprights and the deck

Last edited by Martin S.; 10-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:29 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Get a "real one" The wing is up in the slip stream air where the down force can be best captured. Need to but some dive planes and splitters up front to balance out this monster.

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...hoC9zUQAvD_BwE

It won't be cheap, but it will plant the car, in addition to the wing, you'll need uprights and the deck
Link doesn't work. Getty is fine. Does the same job. My car does just fine without dive planes.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

I cut and pasted: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VOL-GT3-WING&gclid=CjwKCAjwzqPcBRAnEiwAzKRgS2Bms1QCZNBr_pjTeW8KPPtecZA_Sous7RNfH du4Q09co6JTEetiohoC9zUQAvD_BwE

Worked for me....

FYI Dive planes work amazingly well. After knocking off my 993 Clubsport front splitter in a "farming" incident, I ran subsequent laps on a high speed track, just knew the car would understeer on the sweeper, taken full tilt in 4th gear, after a downshift from 5th, the car stuck just fine..I couldn't believe it..it was the Buttonwillow Race #1 with NO Bus Stop CW..it's freaking fast. So Dive Planes may be worth off consideration.

I admit the evasive motorsports wing and required side mounts and deck lid, isn't cheap, but neither is the Getty GT3 RS wing, that sits too low, as some think. I am no aero expert.I just look at what the 996b Cup Cars are running for aero...it aint the RS wing.

​​​​​​​To each his own.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:20 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

All this chatter about RS wing and had to put it back on today.
Chet

Old 09-02-2018, 11:29 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 218 Posts

I cut and pasted: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VOL-GT3-WING&gclid=CjwKCAjwzqPcBRAnEiwAzKRgS2Bms1QCZNBr_pjTeW8KPPtecZA_Sous7RNfH du4Q09co6JTEetiohoC9zUQAvD_BwE

Worked for me....

FYI Dive planes work amazingly well. After knocking off my 993 Clubsport front splitter in a "farming" incident, I ran subsequent laps on a high speed track, just knew the car would understeer on the sweeper, taken full tilt in 4th gear, after a downshift from 5th, the car stuck just fine..I couldn't believe it..it was the Buttonwillow Race #1 with NO Bus Stop CW..it's freaking fast. So Dive Planes may be worth off consideration.

I admit the evasive motorsports wing and required side mounts and deck lid, isn't cheap, but neither is the Getty GT3 RS wing, that sits too low, as some think. I am no aero expert.I just look at what the 996b Cup Cars are running for aero...it aint the RS wing.

To each his own.
Supposedly even the 996 cup wing does very little, hence people using them with risers. I’m vein and prefer the look at it’s factory height.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Seing these recent pics, that RS wing looks oh so good.

But the lingering doubt about its utility, goes back to when I added a 60" Crawford wing with Gurney flap, tp my 993, along with 993 ClubSport front splitter I picked up 3+ seconds a lap at Willow Springs, and later picked up an additional 1 1/2, ending up with a 1:33.2 For a stock motor, and a 3,250 Lbs, ar, that's a decent time. I truly feel that the wing got me there as it instills so much confidence because the car is planted. Maybe I was fooling myself, maybe I was actually a better driver, I don't believe that for a moment, it was the wing's downforce instilling confidence.

Evidence? When I take the GT3 to the track, lacking a wing, I am slower than the 993, even with 100 more HP. Maybe it's because I won't push the car 10/10th, too valuable a car to me.

Once my allowance stash of cash gets built back up, I'll probably get the Getty wing looks so appropriate. I am not looking for any performance gain s, just want to make people envious.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:06 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Seing these recent pics, that RS wing looks oh so good.

But the lingering doubt about its utility, goes back to when I added a 60" Crawford wing with Gurney flap, tp my 993, along with 993 ClubSport front splitter I picked up 3+ seconds a lap at Willow Springs, and later picked up an additional 1 1/2, ending up with a 1:33.2 For a stock motor, and a 3,250 Lbs, ar, that's a decent time. I truly feel that the wing got me there as it instills so much confidence because the car is planted. Maybe I was fooling myself, maybe I was actually a better driver, I don't believe that for a moment, it was the wing's downforce instilling confidence.

Evidence? When I take the GT3 to the track, lacking a wing, I am slower than the 993, even with 100 more HP. Maybe it's because I won't push the car 10/10th, too valuable a car to me.

Once my allowance stash of cash gets built back up, I'll probably get the Getty wing looks so appropriate. I am not looking for any performance gain s, just want to make people envious.
It makes a huge difference on tracks that has a lot of fast sweepers. Even for amateurs like us it makes the car feel more planted. A pro driver can drive my car with stock wing as fast as I´m going with my raised cup wing. When they drive my car at the ring the difference can be 10mph in a 120mph corner like Schweden kreuz.
I don’t trust my ability to drive on the slip angle at 120mph.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:33 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 213 Posts

Yes the RS wing definitely makes the rear more planted on high speed kinks. At Thill on turn 8 with RS wing just needed to lift throttle and roll on the throttle at exit whereas with stock wing had to brake tap because rear feels loose/squirely at that turn.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:00 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 671 Posts

So I ordered a Getty top wing and received it last week. The finish on the wing looks good to me, unlike what others have said. It looks nice to me and does not appear to need to be finished or painted. The end plates are just primered so I will paint those satin black then put it on the car and see what the results are on the track. I realize getting it up in the air like the Cup cars will be better but at this point don't want to deviate that far from stock. I doubt I'm a good enough track driver to need that at this point but maybe someday.

Thanks all!
Nick.

Last edited by Nickshu; 09-17-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:24 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

I think I'll just post this right here . . . .

Old 09-20-2018, 09:15 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by marcus1249
My understanding is that FVD sells the factory CF GT3 RS spoiler
I thought FVD sold OEM GT3 RS wing and originally ordered mine from them. However, when I received it I immediately noticed it was Not OEM. They did agree to take it back. That was several years ago. I would make sure you really press them about the wing if you are looking for an OEM GT3 RS wing.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Question on wing origin???

Originally Posted by rodneyr
I thought FVD sold OEM GT3 RS wing and originally ordered mine from them. However, when I received it I immediately noticed it was Not OEM. They did agree to take it back. That was several years ago. I would make sure you really press them about the wing if you are looking for an OEM GT3 RS wing.
How does one know a RS wing is original? Is there a part number, some Porsche markings?

Old 09-21-2018, 01:55 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 887 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
So I ordered a Getty top wing and received it last week. The finish on the wing looks good to me, unlike what others have said. It looks nice to me and does not appear to need to be finished or painted. The end plates are just primered so I will paint those satin black then put it on the car and see what the results are on the track. I realize getting it up in the air like the Cup cars will be better but at this point don't want to deviate that far from stock. I doubt I'm a good enough track driver to need that at this point but maybe someday.

Thanks all!
Nick.
Hi Nick
Did you buy Fiberglass or CFRP main blade?
What about the endplates?
Post photo's please
Old 09-21-2018, 09:01 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
Hi Nick
Did you buy Fiberglass or CFRP main blade?
What about the endplates?
Post photo's please
I ordered fiberglass but what I received looks like carbon fiber so not sure if it's just a skin or not. I'll post photos soon when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3-RS Top wing / Spoiler on 996 GT3