Sponsored by:

Stiff Clutch Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 12:12 PM
UpOnTheWheel
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stiff Clutch Pedal

After taking my GT3 out of winter storage, I noticed the clutch pedal was stiffer than I remember. After about 1k street miles this season, it's free'd-up just a bit, but still seems firmer than before. I've had a couple of others feel it and the consensus is it's stiffer than most 6GT3's.

The car has 33k miles and has been only street driven. The clutch its self seems fine, no slipping. Overall, it feels like something needs lubricated after sitting for 5-6 months in storage.

Does a firming-up clutch pedal indicate a failing clutch or other item? Is there maintenance that can be done to bring it back to normal?
Old 06-03-2018, 02:02 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Hard to say. The car has a hydraulic assist system for the clutch to reduce the amount of force one has to apply to the clutch pedal. As long as it is moving the clutch components the required distance (full range) and it isn't leaking fluid, it would appear to be functioning normally.

I change the fluid every two years.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

LOL, I had a similar experience taking mine out of storage this spring.

Have a new GTI I am tooling around with, and the 993 has a butter soft clutch too. I thought the GT3 was broken by comparison.

A half dozen days on track in May, and well, it's just perfect.

But if yours is really different from others, then good luck in getting to the bottom of it.

Cheers

Matt

Quick Reply: Stiff Clutch Pedal