Sponsored by:

PCCB Pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:20 PM
badbiturbo
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PCCB Pads

I know this topic has been thoroughly discussed and I have done lots of searching, just wanted to known if there was any new information on alternate options for PCCB pads. Also would like to know the difference in compound from PCCB pads to the options for steel. Thanks
Old 04-20-2018, 12:40 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

my research for street driving oriented pads
  • TRW pads for about $300 a set
  • Something called "genuine" pads available at a couple internet only shops for about $800 a set, ( i called and confirmed, the manufacturer was "genuine", but not Pagid.)
  • Pagid (oem) pads for about $1000

TRWs seemed appealing but I couldn't find evidence of anyone using them and TRW never returned my emails / phone calls to verify compatibility.
I didn't have the ball$$$ to risk the rotors with unproven pads so cried and bought the Pagids.

Not sure what you mean here??
"Also would like to know the difference in compound from PCCB pads to the options for steel."

I use iron rotors for track days with Hawk pads.
good luck
Old 04-20-2018, 04:08 PM
badbiturbo
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
my research for street driving oriented pads
  • TRW pads for about $300 a set
  • Something called "genuine" pads available at a couple internet only shops for about $800 a set, ( i called and confirmed, the manufacturer was "genuine", but not Pagid.)
  • Pagid (oem) pads for about $1000

TRWs seemed appealing but I couldn't find evidence of anyone using them and TRW never returned my emails / phone calls to verify compatibility.
I didn't have the ball$$$ to risk the rotors with unproven pads so cried and bought the Pagids.

Not sure what you mean here??
"Also would like to know the difference in compound from PCCB pads to the options for steel."

I use iron rotors for track days with Hawk pads.
good luck
Thanks. I've seen a lot of TRW part numbers when searching also but don't trust them either so it will be OEM for me as well. My question was what makes up a pccb specific pad material and how that differs from a pad designed for steel rotors.

Quick Reply: PCCB Pads