Sponsored by:

Import quantity

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 05:59 PM
wdavis
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import quantity

I have been the proud owner of a 2004 GT3. Bought it with only 6900 miles, and I am the 4th owner. There were 2 GT3s I was interested in when I purchased it. Other than mileage and condition, the options swayed me to this specific car. It has full leather, PCCBs, Litronic lights; in fact sticker was $126K. The key option is related to my inquiry. It was optioned with every interior surfaced covered in leather, including air vents, turn signal and wiper stocks.

Since I bought it I have been curious as to how many GT3s were optioned in this manner. It seemed strange that a track oriented car would be so configured. Where could I go to find out?.. thanks.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:37 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Base car was over 100k, in 2003-5 dollars. Not cheap. Americans new very little about this car and for +100k it was noisy and had terrible stereo. Some optioned like a turbo, ie like yours. Many traded them back to dealer very quickly. Not loved and respected until later.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:42 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Porsche AG doesn't share the details of each car's configuration with the public in a single data base. Since I have kept an eye on GT3 since the beginning I can tell you there were more cosmetically optioned cars produced than you would think for a track oriented model. The dealerships often order the cars without a buyer in mind, and they make a lot of money on the options so, they load them up.

Regarding the leather, the cars with an exceptional amount of leather coverings are in the minority for 2004-2005 GT3.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by wdavis
I have been the proud owner of a 2004 GT3. Bought it with only 6900 miles, and I am the 4th owner. There were 2 GT3s I was interested in when I purchased it. Other than mileage and condition, the options swayed me to this specific car. It has full leather, PCCBs, Litronic lights; in fact sticker was $126K. The key option is related to my inquiry. It was optioned with every interior surfaced covered in leather, including air vents, turn signal and wiper stocks.

Since I bought it I have been curious as to how many GT3s were optioned in this manner. It seemed strange that a track oriented car would be so configured. Where could I go to find out?.. thanks.
I (and I'm sure others) would really enjoy seeing a photo of your special interior. Thanks!

Old 04-17-2018, 01:48 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

ooooo leather covered A/C vents..... nice. (but on a GT3???)
Old 04-19-2018, 06:11 PM
badbiturbo
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I Just purchased an 04 about 126 sticker full leather also. Great spec
Old 04-20-2018, 02:48 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
Base car was over 100k, in 2003-5 dollars. Not cheap. Americans new very little about this car and for +100k it was noisy and had terrible stereo. Some optioned like a turbo, ie like yours. Many traded them back to dealer very quickly. Not loved and respected until later.
I'd love to know more about this bit. Surely the 996.2 GT3 being made available to the USA was a fairly big deal back in the day, especially on the back of the 996.1 not being sold on US soil? I know, the internet back then wasn't what it is now though and people wouldn't have had oodles of youtube reviews to watch in order to help their decision.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:43 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
Interesting. When I first heard of the state-side release (996.2 GT3) I made an inquiry with a dealer in Cincinnati about test driving a GT3. The salesman chuckled and said that there was no chance of that. Anything coming in the docks was already sold. I ended up with a used 964 back then.

Ironically, when I moved to Florida the local dealer had a lightly used '04 GT3 on the lot. One trip on around the block and it was mine. The car originally came from... you guessed it... Cincinnati.

You can see how mine was optioned in my tagline. I'm the second owner and I know the first owner who ordered the car. About the only thing it didn't have on my wish list would be the full leather (lucky dog, wdavis). Base price was $99,900. Optioned price was $108,040.

I wish wdavis the best with his new car.

Quick Reply: Import quantity