Sponsored by:

GT2 Differences - Great Article

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Todd Serota [TracQuest]
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a GT2 owner, even though I haven't yet driven a GT3, I seriously doubt that it's worth $80k more. However, in my case, I have a GT2 because I couldn't afford a GT3! Sound crazy? It is, but that's the vagaries of leasing. I looked into leasing a new GT3 but the payment was actually higher than the payment on my '02 GT2, even though the capitalization cost of the GT2 was much higher. That's because the fair market value of the GT2 (assigned by the leasing company's computer based on God knows what) was dramatically higher than the purchase price and the residual value in the lease is based on fmv. This operates as a huge cap reduction and brings the payment down dramatically.

Regarding the GT2 and GT3 on the track, even though I haven't yet driven the GT3, looking at the numbers and talking to a few owners, there's little doubt in my mind that anyone but an extremely experienced and skilled track driver would be faster in the GT3 unless the track has long straights. That's because the GT2 has so much torque it would be much harder for said driver to feel comfortable getting on the power early in the GT2. That said, in the hands of a skilled, experienced track driver, the GT2 will be faster, even at a track like Infineon that has very few straights.

Last edited by Todd Serota [TracQuest]; 12-16-2003 at 02:08 PM.

Quick Reply: GT2 Differences - Great Article