Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What's the color of your GT3?
Black (Basalt Black / Black)
11.60%
Carrera White
16.02%
Guards Red
8.84%
Speed Yellow
18.78%
Green (Dark Teal/Forest Green)
10.50%
Blue (Lapis Blue/Cobalt Blue)
5.52%
Artic Silver
18.78%
Polar Silver
1.66%
Slate Grey
1.66%
Seal Grey
6.63%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: What's the color of your GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by rockitman
GT3 = $120,000 after tax, Digi Camera = $300, lets see some pics, I don't believe it...
Old 12-04-2003, 11:55 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the poll should have specified MKII GT3s...?
Old 12-05-2003, 04:29 PM
DarDar
Advanced

Originally posted by rockitman
GT3 = $120,000 after tax, Digi Camera = $300, lets see some pics, I don't believe it...
It has nothing to do with $300 and everything to do with crappy snapshot photos. I fail to see the value of that junk and will go digital when there are decently priced SLR digitals - just now making their way to market. Besides, I don't see the point of all these people posting snapshots of stock cars with boring backgrounds, but if that is what turns you on.

You don't like my answer that I was one of the people who have a green car, then how about this for an answer:

I don't even own a Porsche, let alone a green one. I came in and voted 11 times for green. Does that make you feel better?
Old 12-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

dardar
i love green and very much would have gotten one except for the uphcharge. pls do post on our photo thread when you can, i've never seen it even a photo, much less in person
Old 12-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by DarDar
I don't even own a Porsche, let alone a green one. I came in and voted 11 times for green. Does that make you feel better?
Well, for one thing, no one registered user can vote more than once on any given poll. Besides, I audited the poll and found 6 people who voted Green that I know have Green cars. Now if they want to post pictures, they will. I do not know who the others are, so I can’t say if they are any more real than those who voted Silver and did not post pictures.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Andy OConnor
1st Gear

How about Carbon Black??? Black with no sunlight and deep navy blue with sunlight
Old 12-05-2003, 10:10 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has nothing to do with $300 and everything to do with crappy snapshot photos. I fail to see the value of that junk and will go digital when there are decently priced SLR digitals - just now making their way to market. Besides, I don't see the point of all these people posting snapshots of stock cars with boring backgrounds, but if that is what turns you on.

You don't like my answer that I was one of the people who have a green car, then how about this for an answer:

What's a decent priced SLR Dar Dar??? Waiting for them to break the $300 mark??? LOL....I took my photogallery with a 1.2 mega pix 3 year old digi camera that is probably worth $200 in today's market. Why so CHEAP??? You can buy and SLR w/ a lense..."Canon Digital Rebel" for $1,000...What more do you want....By the way, I just picked up the Canon 10D with 512MB card and 28-135 lense, 6.3 megas Pixel for $2,400 and will be updating my photo's with REALLY BORING BACKGROUNDS!!!...Still too crappy for you??? We are all dying to see a photo of your stock car with a really crappy boring background...I recommend you try some preparation H so that you don't fly off the handle on an innocently funny post that YOU elected to take to the next level with your feeble response!!! Have a good day DA DA...

Old 12-06-2003, 11:50 AM
DarDar
Advanced

Actually rockitman, I have been looking athe EOS Rebel, but I heard there are a bunch of problems with the early runs so I am waiting a month or so. You sure seem intent on making a lot of assumptions about everyone else. At any rate, I got hold of a digital snapshot camera and took a photo of my car. Here you go
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Pictures\DSCN0721.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-06-2003, 12:24 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually rockitman, I have been looking athe EOS Rebel, but I heard there are a bunch of problems with the early runs so I am waiting a month or so. You sure seem intent on making a lot of assumptions about everyone else. At any rate, I got hold of a digital snapshot camera and took a photo of my car. Here you go
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Pictures\DSCN0721.jpg[/IMG]
Did'nt mean to jump down your throat Dar Dar...Yes, I would luv to see a green GT3, perhaps I'm a little green with envy. The way you tried to post a pic will only work if you use the attache file option at the bottom of the reply box...Just click the "browse" button, locate the pick pic on your pc and submit the reply. Using the img option you tried for the above post only works if your pics are hosted on a web site and an full url to where the picture is stored is used. Try posting the photo that's on your computer using the attached file option... Thanks
Old 12-06-2003, 02:07 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know where it's going.

Option 1:

1.- Take a regular camera (digital or SLR).
2.- Place a green filter in the lens. Even a green plastic bag will work.
3.- Take the picture of the GT3.
4.- Remove the background because it will look green as well (PhotoShop?). Unless picture is taken in a green forest with no sky visible, then removing the background is not necessary.

Results: a green GT3.

Now the hard part. Who is willing to donate a dark color GT3 to DarDar?

Option 2:

1.- Install the Aerokit II on a 02+ Green C2.
2.- Install H&R coilover and drop the car 2".
3.- Install 04GT3 Wheels and tires.
4.- Take the pictures and post them.
5.- Keep the mods. It will really be Cool.

The hard part: To find a green 02+ C2
Old 12-06-2003, 03:02 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's mine!

Last edited by MetalSolid; 05-15-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Bruce G
I nearly ordered mine in Gulf colours!! Sensibility (and the capability of selling it at a later date) prevented me from doing so, but I still think it would look fantastic.
It would be interesting to see if you could get Porsche GB to order a car for you in Gulf Blue. I know someone that tried to order that color via paint to sample on his 2002 996 C2 and was told it wasn't permitted. I don't know if it was rejected by Porsche AG or PCNA though.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

noel,

isn't that lovely! hey i havent seen you recently, but i've been pounding piuma not stunt. are you out here?
Old 12-06-2003, 08:25 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Probably because you've been looking for a "yellow" GT3...

I usually do Topanga - Schueren - Piuma or Stunt, I'm out there. I met Jack's son last week on Top of the World - cool guy - also got talking to another person that knows you - you're famous man.

Was out there today, following a black Turbo... there was also a Seal Grey Turbo, but he was fast, pounding Stunt.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Phat_bass49
3rd Gear

http://www.minichamps.com/images/68005.jpg

Quick Reply: POLL: What's the color of your GT3?