Sponsored by:

Pulling the trigger...getting a GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Konrad 996tt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling the trigger...getting a GT3

I have an allocation for June 04 delivery at my dealer. A couple of questions for the board:

1. I got the Feb 03 ordering guide from the dealer. Is there a place online to get the latest ordering guide (I read ther was a Sept 03 guide)?
2.Is there any possible way to get boxster red interior?
3. If not, is there any way to get black leather, but with deviating carpet in graphite grey?
4. I am still deciding on colors based on the answers to the questions above. Top contenders are: Arctic Silver (with Bosxter red or with black and deviating graphite carpets), Guards Red and Speed Yellow
5. Some interior options, like most of the carbon fiber trim is more expensive to get directly from Porsche vs. Carnewal. Has anybody done this in the past?

One other thing...anybody selling spec'd GT3s under sticker?

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 11-29-2003, 11:36 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

order guide: http://suncoastporsche.com/guides/04a/2004_GT3_US.pdf
eff 04/17/03
I like the Guards Red, not too common of the choices you listed. Not sure about the carpeting and boxer red interior. pretty sure that the red interior is not available..
Good Luck and Congrats!!!! It's an awesome car...

Make sure to order thicker steering wheel and I like the carbon shifter/ebrake...That is all the CF I have...Full leather interior is nicer than the plastic elephant skin on the dash....It comes with alacantara roof liner...looks and feels like suede...very nice
Old 11-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Konrad 996tt
Instructor

Thanks Rockitman. Options I will certainly be ordering are the thicker steering wheel and the full leather. I will also get the GT3 seats from Gert and the RS intake (if available). All other options are still in consideration.

Just checked the order guide from the link you supplied, and it is the order guide from April 2003. Any idea where to get the latest order guide?
Old 11-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Konrad,

I'm pretty sure that is the latest order guide. There are only 3 interior colors for the GT3, black, natural brown, and natural gray. You can not get deviating carpet and there are no Exclusive color to match or other custom interior options available.

If you want to take a ride up to VIR next weekend, Chris and I are instructing for an Audi Club DE and I'll have my AS GT3 will full black leather interior car there if you want to take a look at it.

As for spec'ing a car at under MSRP, it doesn't hurt to ask but not very many people have been able to get cars for under MSRP.

Karl
Old 11-30-2003, 12:15 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Konrad 996tt
Just checked the order guide from the link you supplied, and it is the order guide from April 2003. Any idea where to get the latest order guide?
I just emailed you the latest GT3 order guide.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:16 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Konrad 996tt
Thanks Rockitman. Options I will certainly be ordering are the thicker steering wheel and the full leather. I will also get the GT3 seats from Gert and the RS intake (if available). All other options are still in consideration.
Don't think the RS stuff is available yet...I asked gert....he thinks maybe down the road...I want the RS CF wing and lid....Does the RS have a different airbox???
Old 11-30-2003, 12:23 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Karl S
I'm pretty sure that is the latest order guide.
The newest is dated October 9, 2003.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:41 AM
offroadr35
Instructor

get the black interior and then replace the seats with boxter red GT3 seats. We were going to do this in our GT2 but the order time for the seats was longer and we're impacient. I think it would look pretty cool.

-Steve
Old 11-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Konrad 996tt
Instructor

Thanks everyone for the help. I have a driving event tomorrow, and I will be checking out a AS GT3 w/ GT3 seats there. I will also have my dealer there to ask him about exclusive options. I will let you know what I find out. Once again Viken, thanks for the latest ordering guide.

Quick Reply: Pulling the trigger...getting a GT3