Sponsored by:

GT3 vs GT3 Cup

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 01:05 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 vs GT3 Cup

In preparation for our first snow I was jockeying cars around last Saturday. It was the first chance I have had to even start my GT3 Cup since getting the new GT3 street car. WOW! what a difference! I knew there was a distinct difference (beyond the sound and suspension harshness issues), but I did'n think it was as much as I felt. I only drove the Cup car around the driveway moving it, but the clutch/flywheel was TOTALLY different than that in the GT3. Also, the brakes feel completely different in the pedal - even though they appear to be identical to the street car variant. Anyway, early next spring I am going to take both cars to Sebring (probably). I will race the Cup and my wife will DE the GT3 - hopefully then I will get a chance to 'really' drive compare the two.

For the record, the cars are 2004 GT3, 2002 GT3 Cup
Old 11-24-2003, 01:20 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how does brake feel differ? I believe cup has same brake assembly but different in the ABS and master cylinder. Master cylinder would account for differences in simply driving around the driveway.

I'm thinking a flywheel/gearing mod will be in my cars future (distant future) but I want to play with it the way it is and I'm concerned about warranty implications for the time being...
Old 11-24-2003, 01:29 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bob-

The brakes are 'mushy' feeling in the GT3 coompared to the Cup. The Cup pedal has a firmness that is very direct feeling - I know that sounds a bit odd but its the best descriptor i can think of.

As for the flywheel/clutch - I agree. I am thinking I want to put a different one in the GT3 too. The Cup one spins up.down much quicker. And, the clutch is much more on/off feeling.

Quick Reply: GT3 vs GT3 Cup