Sponsored by:

Window Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 06:42 PM
dct911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Issues

Brought my 996 C4S home this weekend and within a day of having it the windows are flaking out on me. First the fuse for the windows blew out, then once it was replaced, I seemed to lose the auto up/down function on both windows. I did the reset I read about and all was good. Then about an hour later, the passenger window just stopped working altogether, while the driver's side is fine for both auto up/down, etc. I just can't get my passenger side window up or down - which sucks given that its down. I had wanted to start driving this but that'll be a bit hard if I can't lock the car without having a window open. Anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this? The string of events tells me i have an electrical issue, which is really worrisome given how they are often really hard to resolve.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:43 AM
moburki
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

First, check to see if the motor makes noise when the button is hit. If it runs but doesn't do anything, probably faulty regulator (likely the clips have failed). If it doesn't make any "whirring", it could be as simple as the switch itself. You could try swapping the switch from driver to passenger. If not then you'll have to do some additional trouble shooting.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:47 AM
dct911
Intermediate

Switch if fine, but zero noise in the door when the switch is activated. Driver's side is fine, so it seems electric/mechanical within that specific door. I'm not familiar with these cars so decided to bring it to the stealer, unfortunately.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:35 PM
dct911
Intermediate

Window motor is shot - can't believe how much you get charged for something so simple to replace. Probably the last time I'll go to a dealer.

Quick Reply: Window Issues