Sponsored by:

Need Help Quick regarding H&R Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Curves4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Quick regarding H&R Coilovers

I have an 03' manual C4S and am about to purchase the revised H&R coilover setup. The problem is that there is no listing for a C4S coilover---it is only offered for a C4 or a Turbo.

I originally purchased the H&R coilover set up for a Turbo since the C4S has the same suspension (correct??) but when i double checked with H&R, they told me to purchase the coilover for the C4. This didn't make sense to me and got me worried so i returned the damn thing.

Can anyone tell me which one i'm supposed to purchase?? I original thought the Turbo setup would work but the H&R tech told me differently...Can anyone clear this up?

I also purchased the H&R sway bars for the Turbo with the intention of putting it on my C4S, since they don't make one specific for a C4S. Will this work or should i just return these also?

I have 24hrs before the 20% coupon for Performance products expires so i need help ASAP! thanks
Old 11-18-2003, 07:19 PM
teflon_jones
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you want the ones for the C4, not the turbo. the turbo ones have a much higher spring rate F-R. the C4 ones are 180-240 lbs F/270-320 R while the turbo ones are 210-260 F/515-685 R. you should order the C4 H&R coil overs.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:46 PM
sennasixty8
Instructor

Default Re: Need Help Quick regarding H&R Coilovers

Originally posted by Curves4S
I have an 03' manual C4S and am about to purchase the revised H&R coilover setup. The problem is that there is no listing for a C4S coilover---it is only offered for a C4 or a Turbo.

I originally purchased the H&R coilover set up for a Turbo since the C4S has the same suspension (correct??) but when i double checked with H&R, they told me to purchase the coilover for the C4. This didn't make sense to me and got me worried so i returned the damn thing.

Can anyone tell me which one i'm supposed to purchase?? I original thought the Turbo setup would work but the H&R tech told me differently...Can anyone clear this up?

I also purchased the H&R sway bars for the Turbo with the intention of putting it on my C4S, since they don't make one specific for a C4S. Will this work or should i just return these also?

I have 24hrs before the 20% coupon for Performance products expires so i need help ASAP! thanks
You might wanna check with Gert @ Carnewal via email OR check out this thread....

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...%26R+coilovers
Old 11-19-2003, 05:24 AM
Curves4S
Advanced

thanks...seems like i'm gonna try my luck with the pss-9's for a C4...after reading a bit, i don't think i wanna find out how bad h&r customer service is first hand.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:59 PM
sennasixty8
Instructor

thanks...seems like i'm gonna try my luck with the pss-9's for a C4...after reading a bit, i don't think i wanna find out how bad h&r customer service is first hand.
I LOVE my coilovers...very compliant and quiet! They did NOT let me down this weekend, I did a bunch of spirited driving in the mountains this weekend...had a great time breakin-in my tires and suspension!

I've got the new 2nd generation coilovers with the tender springs UNDER the main springs....this took OUT alot of the problematic noises and bottoming out issues that I've heard of.....

I believe I'll have many more fun and enjoyable miles to come.....

good luck and happy trails

Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Curves4S
Advanced

Thanks senna, Your car looks awesome with the ssr's and the coilovers...i was considering a set of ssr's also. What height is your coilovers set at? (how much lower)

i ended up picking up the Pss-9's for a C4....apparently H&R developed the springs so i figured i'd just pay extra for the peace of mind and the bilstein shocks.

Total price for the pss-9's came out to just over $2500. Did i pay too much?
Old 11-20-2003, 01:51 AM
sennasixty8
Instructor

Thanks senna, Your car looks awesome with the ssr's and the coilovers...i was considering a set of ssr's also. What height is your coilovers set at? (how much lower)

i ended up picking up the Pss-9's for a C4....apparently H&R developed the springs so i figured i'd just pay extra for the peace of mind and the bilstein shocks.

Total price for the pss-9's came out to just over $2500. Did i pay too much?
2500 sounds pretty good....BTW, Bilstein makes the shocks that are paired with the H&R system....they aren't adjustable though. The coolest thing about the pss-9 is the adjustability factor, but I dont do enough track/de events to justify that setup! You will really appreciate your car AFTER you put that new kit in....it really wakes everything up, and brings the car into its true potential!

My coilovers are set at 35mm frt lower, and 30mm rear, camber is -1 degree front and -1.5 rear, ...basically the GT3 setup, with STOCK toe settings

Old 11-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Curves4S
Advanced

I checked with Gert (carnewal) and he confirmed that the pss-9 setup for a C4 is the correct one to use for my C4S.

thanks

Quick Reply: Need Help Quick regarding H&R Coilovers