Sponsored by:

Werks Reunion Monterey?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 AM
dyerhaus
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Werks Reunion Monterey?

Wondering how many of you 996 owners will be making it to the Werks Reunion in Monterey on August 18? Anyone showing their car? I'll be there, with mine! I'm hoping to see a good turn out of 996 owners. It's such an under-appreciated model, and rarely a strong showing at events like this.

Last edited by dyerhaus; 05-24-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:24 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 706 Likes on 339 Posts

My wife and I may be coming out to attend but not show we are thinking of taking the train from Chicago to San Francisco just for the experience then fly home. We did the first Werks at Amelia this year was a great event want some more
Rich
Old 05-24-2017, 11:30 AM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

I hope to be there, though likely just as a spectator.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:37 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,169 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by dyerhaus
Wondering how many of you 996 owners will be making it to the Werks Reunion in Monterey on August 18? Anyone showing their car? I'll be there, with mine! I'm hoping to see a good turn out of 996 owners. It's such an under-appreciated model, and rarely a strong showing at events like this.

Your car looks great! Awesome color... You should re-blacken those front grill plastics though (that faded grey looks terrible) - I did mine with black plasti-dip. Just pop the inner grill out (after removing the front bumper cover) and spray it up. Careful not to break any of the clips, as they can be pretty brittle after all these years. Good luck
Old 05-25-2017, 11:42 AM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by dyerhaus
Were you at Canepa Cars and Coffee a couple of weekends ago? I wound up parked in the dirt lot across the street

Old 05-25-2017, 01:51 PM
dyerhaus
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vitaminC
Were you at Canepa Cars and Coffee a couple of weekends ago? I wound up parked in the dirt lot across the street

Indeed I was! Drove out there with a couple of other Porsches too. I try to go to every Cars and Coffee they have, so I should be there on June 10 as well.

Originally Posted by dporto
Your car looks great! Awesome color... You should re-blacken those front grill plastics though (that faded grey looks terrible) - I did mine with black plasti-dip. Just pop the inner grill out (after removing the front bumper cover) and spray it up. Careful not to break any of the clips, as they can be pretty brittle after all these years. Good luck
Thank you! And, yes, I have plans to Plasti-dip the inner grill. I did that on my Boxster as its grilles actually turned white (very common). Since the Boxster is black, it looked much worse than my 996. But I'll get that done before Werks.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:38 PM
targa996
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I should be there with the targa - but probably not "showing it" ..... maybe coral parking

Quick Reply: Werks Reunion Monterey?