Sponsored by:

Tranzit blu hardware requirements

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Lewisf182
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranzit blu hardware requirements

I've just acquired a 2003 996 C4S with the MOST System. Having done a lot of research I've now settled on the Tranzit BLU to allow me to stream music as that's all I'm really interested in.

What I can't seem to get a 100% answer on is what EXACTLY do I need?
I don't have PCM so it's the basic Becker system - i don't actually have the car yet (collect saturday) so can't remember for sure but it's the BOSE MOST.

I'm in the UK and I'm not that technical so any help would be appreciated as to what to buy in terms of parts and what extra stuff will I need?

Latest threads I've seen involve soldering power from the white switched power cable which I would have confidence in doing as long as that's still the best option? I'd need to buy solder and a solder gun though lol.

i know it's been asked before but theres lots of threads which are massively jumbled up and seem to switch advise from one to the next so i'm just looking for the latest state of play.

thanks
Old 05-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Lewisf182
Cruisin'

Anyone? Would like to get stuff ordered so it can get here in time/just after I get the car. Not sure I can live with just FM radio!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:01 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 112 Posts

There are a few additional parts you will require (if you dont have them already):

- Radio keys
- Adaptor plugs to go from standard antenna cables (on the tranzitBLU) to the European antenna plugs.
- Fuse piggyback to pickup power from the fuse box (not essential to the install)

So you unplug the antenna going into the radio from the car into the adaptor plug then plug that into the tranzitBLU then plug the tranzitBLU into the adaptor plug and then plug that into your radio.

You will also need to hook up a ground and power source so either get a piggy back fuse terminal and piggy back off a switched power fuse or tap into the radio wiring harness (I recommend the tapping power from the fuse box).

Here is an example of one end of the aerial connector (itranzitBLU to headunit):

Keep us posted, this should be a relatively easy install
Old 05-24-2017, 06:33 AM
Lewisf182
Cruisin'

Thanks for that.

So far I've got:
The Isimple Tranzit Blu HF
Amazon Amazon

The antenna which I think is correct?
Amazon Amazon

Becker Radio removal tools:
Amazon Amazon

I had planned on just shaving some wire off the White switched wire that I read about to give it switched power and then just wrapping the tranzit wire around that and securing with electric insulation tape. Once I'm happy with it I might then solder it in for a more secure connection.

Am I all set? Be good If I could get it all done for this weekend as it's bank holiday so plenty of spare time.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:50 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Yes you're all set, if you can snap some pics of the install and post them. It might help someone else out one day!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Lewisf182
Cruisin'

Yes will definitely do a how to as i've got about 5 guides currently open which I'll be following and each one seems to differ in some way so will hopefully be useful for others with a full parts list and step by step.

That's if I manage to install it
Old 05-24-2017, 08:18 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by Lewisf182
Yes will definitely do a how to as i've got about 5 guides currently open which I'll be following and each one seems to differ in some way so will hopefully be useful for others with a full parts list and step by step.

That's if I manage to install it
I haven't done it myself but it doesn't seem overly difficult, now if you were installing a Dension Gateway 500 different story!

You're well clear of the nightmare that is the MOST system so i'm sure you'll be fine!
Old 05-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 113 Posts

This is a breeze to install. Took me 15 minutes. You may want to get a ground loop isolator. I have some alternator whine when I use mine.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Lewisf182
Cruisin'

One of these?
Amazon Amazon

Guessing that would just be plug & play into the system somewhere? For the price I'll just get one and give it a go although I've heard they can reduce Bass?
Old 05-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 113 Posts

One of these? https://www.amazon.co.uk/AV-Link-Gro.../dp/B000NVWB9O

Guessing that would just be plug & play into the system somewhere? For the price I'll just get one and give it a go although I've heard they can reduce Bass?
Yes, one of those, although one of them that actually connects to the power may be better. But for that price, I would try that solution first.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:22 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Would be good if you could please report back on the quality as i'm either going to install a dension or one of these.

Most likely it will be a dension but the prices for them used as gone mad the past few months.

Has anyone gotten power and ground from the back of the head unit using a connector such as C, D or E for example?

Last edited by dan_189; 05-25-2017 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:55 AM
texcwa
Racer

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy
This is a breeze to install. Took me 15 minutes. You may want to get a ground loop isolator. I have some alternator whine when I use mine.
I second this, the ground loop isolator just plugs in between the mini jacks and Tranzit Blu. This will eliminate noise interference. It worked well with my Most system.
Amazon Amazon

In addition, you can get all your aux power from the phone aux power located within (under) center console which I accessed through the forward storage bin.

Last edited by texcwa; 05-25-2017 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Corection
Old 05-25-2017, 03:40 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Unfortunately as my car is RoW I don't have the phone connector was hoping to pickup a power and ground with a plug into the head unit rather then cutting the harness or even running a piggy back from the fuse box.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:04 AM
Lewisf182
Cruisin'

Yes I've seen the phone module power thingy mentioned, will see if mine has it but not sure being a UK car? Texcwa - Do i have all the necessary parts to use this phone aux power or do I need a special connector of some kind? My electrical knowledge is literally zero btw, this is the first time I'll be playing with any wires.

Also just to check, to do all this I should disconnect the battery and leave the car for 15-20 minutes yes? Or is this not necessary?

Most of the parts are arriving Tuesday now so I'll probably install next weekend and I'll do a step by step with instructions as I've yet to find properly detailed & simple ones.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:16 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Yes I've seen the phone module power thingy mentioned, will see if mine has it but not sure being a UK car? Texcwa - Do i have all the necessary parts to use this phone aux power or do I need a special connector of some kind? My electrical knowledge is literally zero btw, this is the first time I'll be playing with any wires.

Also just to check, to do all this I should disconnect the battery and leave the car for 15-20 minutes yes? Or is this not necessary?

Most of the parts are arriving Tuesday now so I'll probably install next weekend and I'll do a step by step with instructions as I've yet to find properly detailed & simple ones.
From my understanding the phone plug is a USA version option however someone else should be able to confirm.

Its recommended to disconnect the battery, personally I don't generally do it but it is a recommendation. If it's your first time hooking something like this up in a car then I would. No need to wait that's only if you're working on a part that contains an airbag.

Quick Reply: Tranzit blu hardware requirements