Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

First 996, Question About Factory Aero

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017 | 11:25 AM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Take a look at your options sticker on the inside of the frunk lid. That'll tell you if the taco is factory or aftermarket. Mine is factory and does not move.

Oil pressure is fine. I show 4.5 bar at 3.5k rom in 6th gear. Drops to 1.75 bar at normal idle, and around 1.5 at hot idle.
Old 05-05-2017 | 02:10 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Beautiful aero Porsche. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 05-05-2017 | 04:18 PM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by C5driver
You're gonna die when the IMS grenades and the motor bursts into flames
HA! Funny guy! I feel like your username reminds me of someone I know, but since I'm not 100% positive, I'll keep my regressions towards you to the side for now.

Originally Posted by HawkFan#12
Guards red is the best (but I may be a little biased)! Welcome and nice pick up. What did you pay?
A little north of KBB excellent value, mind you from a dealership as well.

Also, thanks for all the information and kind words everyone. Excited to hold on to it for a long time and slowly chip away and things here and there.
Old 05-05-2017 | 04:22 PM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Bash Hat
Take a look at your options sticker on the inside of the frunk lid. That'll tell you if the taco is factory or aftermarket. Mine is factory and does not move.

Oil pressure is fine. I show 4.5 bar at 3.5k rom in 6th gear. Drops to 1.75 bar at normal idle, and around 1.5 at hot idle.
Thanks! I'm going in the garage to install a headunit in a few minutes here so I'll take a look and see what it says. The dealer sticker definitely says "air activated spoiler", so interested to see what it's supposed to be.

The oil pressure threw me off, I hadn't looked until the drive home that I noticed the oil change sticker said 5w30 and that could have been a cause. Knowing yours is stable in the same shown range is more comforting.
Old 05-05-2017 | 05:50 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

As far as what you paid for that pristine example of a 996, it doesn't matter if you paid a lot over "book or current pricing".

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters.

Many of us here on these forums pay more for what we want.

Outstanding car!
Old 05-05-2017 | 06:50 PM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
As far as what you paid for that pristine example of a 996, it doesn't matter if you paid a lot over "book or current pricing".

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters.

Many of us here on these forums pay more for what we want.

Outstanding car!
It was definitely on the high side, but completely worth it. The only thing I wish it had was ebony interior, but since that's all I've ever had, the beige is a nice change on the weekends.

Appreciate the kind words!
Old 05-05-2017 | 06:57 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billup
It was definitely on the high side, but completely worth it. The only thing I wish it had was ebony interior, but since that's all I've ever had, the beige is a nice change on the weekends.

Appreciate the kind words!
You may want to look into getting some factory red seat belts, I saw one last year at WGI with Guards Red over Savannah it was really nice.
Old 05-05-2017 | 07:29 PM
Billup
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
You may want to look into getting some factory red seat belts, I saw one last year at WGI with Guards Red over Savannah it was really nice.
IMSB takes precedent over seat belts, but will keep it in mind for the future.
Old 05-05-2017 | 11:20 PM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Billup
Thanks! I'm going in the garage to install a headunit in a few minutes here so I'll take a look and see what it says. The dealer sticker definitely says "air activated spoiler", so interested to see what it's supposed to be.

The oil pressure threw me off, I hadn't looked until the drive home that I noticed the oil change sticker said 5w30 and that could have been a cause. Knowing yours is stable in the same shown range is more comforting.
"XAA" on the sticker will indicate the factory Aerokit.

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/...des/996-98-01/

Quick Reply: First 996, Question About Factory Aero