996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 01:32 AM
Ck986
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In my turbo the transmission mount made the biggest difference. It was basically torn and you felt the engine pull back upon stepping on the throttle. I would like to try one of those inserts as I'm sure it would make a difference. My passenger seat still vibrates after replacing all the mounts.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by sheatley
Checked them and they were seated correctly but not fully torqued down. Not sure I understand it fullu, the distance to the mounts, but they did tighten regardless of jacking the engine. Thanks all.
You clearly don't understand it fully..."Jacking" the engine, is moving in the opposite direction of tightening the mounts. I reiterate - the weight of the engine hangs on the mounts...i.e. if you loosen the mounting bolts (the 18mm bottom ones) the engine drops...
Old 05-04-2017, 12:50 AM
tcc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzo911
Just do it. Not expensive even if you take it to the shop, but the results are worth it. Smoother ride, smoother shifting and better turning...
After the ride got increasingly harsh, I finally changed them out. As everyone has stated, it's a noticeable difference. Ride is now still firm and taut but not harsh. As for smoother shifting and turning, haven't noticed yet. But if you think it needs to be done, do it.

Quick Reply: motor mounts